• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Has to be. After every loss I read, here, that BJ can't make even the most basic play. Clearly, Skip has been forced to play him. So as soon as Skip is unshackled from BJ I expect it will be like the old fun and gun that Spurrier used to run. At a minimum like the air raid offense Texas tech had under mike leach.

you think bj leaving next yr is cause for higher expectations.....now that's funny....

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Right. Next year without Jim's 4-3 players skip will be able to rise to his natural level.

Bull shi- ! All the leavitt players will be gone except for a few. And those few wll have only played their redshirt years under leavitt like Giddins and Lattimore. Skip will have his QB in place and won't have BJ holding him back anymore. I'm expecting big things next year.

next year is going to be a bad year imo

lose too many SRs... true freshman or matt floyd? lol

I'm not getting it. I think Jim's best year ever was 4-3 in conference. Doesn't matter whose players.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

BJ played his heart out.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah sure he plays hard and makes some great plays, but be also makes some awful plays so it equals out if not makes it a negative. Throwing the ball away on 4th down?? Thats pop warner level

if the played called breaks down (protection) he should throw the ball away if he is in a situation where he stands to be sacked for a huge loss to give the punter a better chance to put them back as far as possible. That's what I would expect AW or any intelligent qb to do. That's exactly what happened on that play there would have been a huge loss of yardage on that play difference of punting them inside the 10 or 5 and maybe the 25 or 30 giving them a shorter field. Great decision BJ!

Look, BJ saved about 8 yards by thowing the ball away out of bounds. That's a great play by a QB on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd down. On 4th down if we are going for it with a pass play, throw it away way down the field. You may get a DB who picks the ball off, now we just saved +30 yards - effectively a punt OR one of our players makes a miraculous play on the ball and we get a miracle 1st down.

By throwing the ball away out of bounds, neither of those things are even possible.

Now, compare that play to the third down in the 3rd quarter where BJ throws the ball away on third down from the east side of the stadium UP IN THE AIR LOOPING to the west side of the field. We had 2 players who had to sprint to the area just to avoid an intentional grounding call, but what if the defense was faster. Looping a ball in the air across the field on 3rd down to avoid a sack is bad decision making also.

The play BJ should have made on 3rd down is the one he made on 4th down and the one he made on 4th down is the one he should have made on 3rd down.

I've seen high school QBs make better decisions.

easy to say from the stands but under pressure and running for your life from one of the fastest defenses in the country still good on field split second decision didn't get picked shows he was thinking . IMO

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,805
  • Days Won:  0

next year is going to be a bad year imo

lose too many SRs... true freshman or matt floyd? lol

At this rate the opposite may be true. Whatever is suppose to work doesnt. So maybe in Skippy universe all freshmen will bring results in spite of him.

• Topic Count:  2,338
  • Content Count:  21,346
  • Days Won:  10

You can't be a good QB when you have no protection.