• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Big 4 billboard and what our administration has sown

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Weird, I just pictured smazza levitating in a flowing white robe.

Similar to what I pictured ...

gilliam.holy.grail2.jpg

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

stop your ******* whining and be a fan. There was nothing wrong with trying to push the fact that we are at the same level as the other schools in the state. Matter of fact we beat all but UF in size, grant money, patents, etc. Football should be supporting your school, not the identity of who you are as an alumni.. I am so tired of hearing the crampy, whiny, snivelling ******** about how we cannot win. Put on the Green and Gold and support your team, or go root for the Gators, they have room on their bandwagon.

t

When you stop hearing the "crampy, whiny" then you can just turn out the lights. The day we show up with the worst performance in years, with a noticeable lack of effort, and our fan base says "well you win some you loose some, see you next Saturday" is the day we have 12k fans in the stadium. That isn't how any program works. This is D1 BCS College Football. It isn't JV at your local high school!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

stop your ******* whining and be a fan. There was nothing wrong with trying to push the fact that we are at the same level as the other schools in the state. Matter of fact we beat all but UF in size, grant money, patents, etc. Football should be supporting your school, not the identity of who you are as an alumni.. I am so tired of hearing the crampy, whiny, snivelling ******** about how we cannot win. Put on the Green and Gold and support your team, or go root for the Gators, they have room on their bandwagon.

t

When you stop hearing the "crampy, whiny" then you can just turn out the lights. The day we show up with the worst performance in years, with a noticeable lack of effort, and our fan base says "well you win some you loose some, see you next Saturday" is the day we have 12k fans in the stadium. That isn't how any program works. This is D1 BCS College Football. It isn't JV at your local high school!

I am not saying win some, lose some. I am saying this constant beating down of the team is just crap. I am a USF fan because USF changed my life. My degree is from there, I met my wife there, I grew up on that campus, and attended as a student for 10 years. As a true fan you show up and support what you believe in. You have every right to want wins, but this board has broken, once again this year, into a little ***** fest. Fire Holtz, Kill BJ, Hang Woolard. All with no real substance other than to vent. I am just saying, get some school spirit and just be a real fan.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

The billboard had nothing tho do with, size academics, grants, patents, etc....it was strictly about FOOTBALL, and USF is NOT on the same level as FSU, UF, or MIami when it comes to FOOTBALL.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

billboards are for championships, conference and/or national. period.

that type of stuff isn't used for any single win, unless that win is getting you a trophy.

exceptions might be for a congratulatory billboard recognizing a final 4 appearance or title game appearance and kudos to a good season. anything else better be used to market market market.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

billboards are for championships, conference and/or national. period.

that type of stuff isn't used for any single win, unless that win is getting you a trophy.

exceptions might be for a congratulatory billboard recognizing a final 4 appearance or title game appearance and kudos to a good season. anything else better be used to market market market.

I really wouldn't have minded a bb just celebrating our first win over one of the Big 3, but the whole Big 4 thing was way overdone, IMO ....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  578

Pretty sure we got a commemorative DVD from ESPN out of the whole thing too.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I wonder if we could get a better deal placing a head coaching opening...

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  578

But I think the bigger picture to take from this is no matter how monumental a loss or win feels at the time, it will probably be meaningless down the road. Nobody cares that Louisville lost to FIU last year or that Alabama was a joke from 2000-2007. This is the only thing that I can tell myself after this stretch of two years.