• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Big 4 billboard and what our administration has sown

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,993
  • Days Won:  12

There Is Not And Never Has Been A 'Big 4' In Florida

This is an excellent article on VD5 about what this game means in light of where we've been since that 09 victory. Have we had our heads in the right places? What about our wallets? What about our message?

I was never a fan of that billboard and I am also not a fan of the administration dumping so much energy into these gimmick games and ignoring the plain old vanilla (sarcasm) conference championships/victories.

Gotta learn to crawl before we can run. We were up and running for a few steps, or so it seemed, but now...?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

While I do not have quite the venom the above statement holds, I did not like the billboard then and find it to be an embarrassment now. Win some, lose some.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I find it fascinating when after winning against an unexceptional team, players often extend their index finger and proclaim "We're #1"! What scorn they should meet!

I thought the sign was ballsy, we just chose to remove the balls.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

yeesh

100% true though. Im sick of beating Notre Dame and losing 6 Big East games. Im sick of beating FSU and losing 4 Big East games, Im sick of beating Auburn and losing to Rutgers every ******* year.

I would rather lose by 100 tomorrow and win the next 6 Big East games. Easily.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

If skip beats FSU i dont care (it will be great but i'm starting to really lose patience in conference... not that it means anything to anyone)

Beat Temple and UL and we will start enjoying

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

stop your ******* whining and be a fan. There was nothing wrong with trying to push the fact that we are at the same level as the other schools in the state. Matter of fact we beat all but UF in size, grant money, patents, etc. Football should be supporting your school, not the identity of who you are as an alumni.. I am so tired of hearing the crampy, whiny, snivelling ******** about how we cannot win. Put on the Green and Gold and support your team, or go root for the Gators, they have room on their bandwagon.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,993
  • Days Won:  12

stop your ******* whining and be a fan. There was nothing wrong with trying to push the fact that we are at the same level as the other schools in the state. Matter of fact we beat all but UF in size, grant money, patents, etc. Football should be supporting your school, not the identity of who you are as an alumni.. I am so tired of hearing the crampy, whiny, snivelling ******** about how we cannot win. Put on the Green and Gold and support your team, or go root for the Gators, they have room on their bandwagon.

easy there... i'm as green and gold as anyone on this planet. We're all allowed to think we can do things differently. We're allowed to want the very best for our university. I get your sentiment, but we all have different voices and different ideas of getting *there*, wherever "there" may be. :GoBulls: we vent because we're pissed because we care.

If we make mistakes, if we're not on the right path, don't you want to learn and get better, and not just blindly go along with any old direction?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

There was nothing wrong with that billboard. In fact I seem to recall most on here loved it? You're only embarrassed by it now because we have an embarrassing team!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

often times in life one is on the cusp of greatness and for whatever reason one falls back in obscurity

that is what happened to usf

usf can choose to remain in obscurity or do something about it

there was nothing wrong with that billboard at the time

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Weird, I just pictured smazza levitating in a flowing white robe.