• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holtz Radio Show

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  714
  • Days Won:  1

Radio show was on tonight, right? Did anyone listen? Curious if they took any callers and how tough the questions/comments were?

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

We listened, not impressed. No one challenged him and I assume they were not allowed.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I listened also. Same pablum from Holtz each week. Frankly though that may have been the last one I can stomach through.

Usual soft balls from Jim and Mark. A couple of fluff questions from facebook.

when he said "the defense played good except for 3rd downs" I couldn't believe it. How about all those 4 & 5 yard runs on 1st and 2nd down. He is a deer in the headlights.

He also singled out Mike Lanaris for playing a good game. WTF!

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I listened also. Same pablum from Holtz each week. Frankly though that may have been the last one I can stomach through.

when he said "the defense played good except for 3rd downs" I couldn't believe it. How about all those 4 & 5 yard runs on 1st and 2nd down. He is a deer in the headlights.

What I saw was a MLB out of position continuously, constantly, and consistently. The kind of consistency that Skip shows in home losses to conference opponents. Anytime your MLB is up your DT's arse instead of filling a gap where a running back explodes through, that is a major problem and why Lanaris has the bulk of his tackles more than five yards downfield. If you can't see and identify the problems, how the heck are you going to fix them?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  425
  • Days Won:  0

He rambled on like usual. They talked about the wind at Ball State like it was the NE edge of a CAT 5 hurricane and the reason they couldn't throw any deep balls. Talked about untimely penalties....all the usual excuses for the loss. But really just focused on correcting mistakes and learning from mistakes. The comment about the Defense playing good except 3rd down made me throw up a little bit in my mouth.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

He rambled on like usual. They talked about the wind at Ball State like it was the NE edge of a CAT 5 hurricane and the reason they couldn't throw any deep balls. Talked about untimely penalties....all the usual excuses for the loss. But really just focused on correcting mistakes and learning from mistakes. The comment about the Defense playing good except 3rd down made me throw up a little bit in my mouth.

Funny thing was that Wenning hit Snead on that 19 yard perfect pass play throwing into the wind. BSU didn't seem to let the wind affect them in either direction.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Excact same BS as last week.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Screw this guy

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114

\

A great coach can make adjustments based on weather conditions. Then maybe he should have called a bunch of short passing plays like he did in his 1st season as coach. We don't need to throw deep balls to win the game.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078

Yeah, to hear it we were playing a top notch team. Sorry Skip but while Ball St. is a decent MAC team, USF should beat them by 2 scores.