• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip Taking Accountability

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Reading Greg's latest blog post (great job as always Greg) I honestly feel a lot better. I realize it is just words, but Skip and team are really saying the right stuff. Folks are taking accountability and recognizing the effort hasn't been there. No excuses, just working hard and moving forward. Great life lesson. Can't wait for Saturday!

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/bulls-taking-ownership-defensive-struggles

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Great read from our boys; I'm done with skip and his crew, but our boys can rally amongst themselves and for themselves.... I expect zero wins from here out, now I'm ready to be surprised

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Hope they can pull the nose up before things get out of control...

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

They are doing what they have been taught. I dont know how they can say they havent executed the plan. We havent seen to much to say they arent just playing soft. Lanaris can take alllll the responsibility he wants..but fact is he has been outmatched..He needs to do allloooooot to win me back..and that goes for Holtz too..but I do like that were seeing some responses. It means they are feeling the heat.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

This whole thing is bizarre and confusing.

Lanaris: "To Bullsnation, i apologize for the performance of our D. As a senior, i accept full responsibility and vow for it to never happen again"

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/

--- This is confusing since Lanaris does not make the defensive play calls nor does he determine the defensive schemes ---

Holtz: "I think there's an awful lot we as coaches can do. I think there's an awful lot we as players can do," coach Skip Holtz said. "I think there's some ownership that needs to fall on the coaches, and some of the scheme things that we did. I think there's ownership that needs to fall on the players from an effort and execution standpoint as well, things that we've covered. I think this football team is very disappointed in themselves. I think they know they're better than that."

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/

-- This is confusing since Holtz uses "we as coaches" and "we as players" ultimately trying to neutralize the blame between coaches and players ---

Breaking down the pronouns... Lanaris tweeted "i accept full responsibility". I listened to Holtz's entire speech on gousfbulls.com and he never stated, "I as head coach take or accept responsibility" basically he just spread the blame across everyone coaches and players.

I figure if a player puts their neck out there then so should the head coach. But if one individual taking responsibility is not the style of the team then as the head coach Holtz should acknowledge what the player tweeted and state something to make it clear that it is not an "I" thing it is a we, us and out thing. To not only verbalize where the team stands but to also give something to the fans who support the team.

This was a missed opportunity by the coach. Being a head coach at this level is almost like being a politician you have to continuously manage the message and this one seems to be mixed.

Edited by Blackice12

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Skip didn't take accountability.

"I have to come out with better schemes" would have been taking accountability. It is like he is afraid to coach even though he has signed a contract through 2017. Man has stability. Put your balls on the line. Stick your neck out there. You have nothing to be afraid of. You are HERE. Stop coaching like you can be dismissed.

He has yet to impress me...what happened over at ECU? He brought that team into relevance...

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Skip didn't take accountability.

"I have to come out with better schemes" would have been taking accountability. It is like he is afraid to coach even though he has signed a contract through 2017. Man has stability. Put your balls on the line. Stick your neck out there. You have nothing to be afraid of. You are HERE. Stop coaching like you can be dismissed.

I think there's an awful lot we as players can do," coach Skip Holtz said- That sure isn't taking ownership

Does anyone really still believe in this guy? I mean, I know we are all pissed and want him out of here..but is there any part of you deep down inside that thinks he can push this program forward?