• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

holtz post game interview video

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

That man's face tells me he realizes he is in above his head....

this.... they don't know how to fix it

Shock and Disbelief...

This is more concerning than the loss.

Edited by gibbsak

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

His excuses for losing (defense couldn't get off the field & penalties) all come down to coaching; take ownership, suck it up, make necessary coaching changes (fire Cosh), and move on.

We are in for a long day/evening on 9/29.

Webster most likely out. Freshman backfield is very troubling against EJ Manuel & FSU's very talented WRs.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Webster most likely out. Freshman backfield is very troubling against EJ Manuel & FSU's very talented WRs.

The DB's may not even be the problem.

Charles Woodson and Darelle Revis would get picked apart with the pressure our front 7 has gotten on opposing QB's.

The DB's may not even be the problem.

Charles Woodson and Darelle Revis would get picked apart with the pressure our front 7 has gotten on opposing QB's.

We are in for a beat down.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Weather excuses are absolute BS. Both teams have to play in the same wind.

However, if you play in them all the time you know how to adjust. Last year we beat Ball State in the heat. I bet their coach said as much. We played in it too, and practice in it every day. Tell anyone who went into Minnesota to play the Vikings after thanksgiving weather was not a factor, they were undefeated at home for like 14 years in December.

Not giving Holtz and out, just saying it is a factor. So is the fact that we never blitzed, or held on a 3rd down AGAIN.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

GOOD coaches overcome adversity....period. Strong winds?? PLEASE.... This isn't ******* parasailing

Edited by Bullsfan11

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

Just thinking about his 3rd down philosophy and defense in general. So we are going to play a bend but don't break allowing them to basically march down the field and pray the other QBs can't throw a short or medium pass to a wide open receiver (probably accustomed to seeing that in practice but that is another topic). So the defense is on the field forever, give up points and then rinse and repeat next time the other team has the ball.

It would at least get your defense off the field quicker if you blitz to try to but some pressure and have your CB get beat deep for a long touchdown. Same results, less wear and tear on the players. Really, this hasn't worked for a year and 4 games now. Isn't it time to at least try something different. Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

For God's sake let's try something different. You know your gonna get your butt kicked doing what we've been doing. This is the worse I've ever felt about the long term outlook of the program. Mass quantities of alcohol will be involved before I can walk into that stadium on Saturday. Maybe I'll sleep/pass out through the first half. But that "chop" chant from their 25k fans will probably wake me up.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just thinking about his 3rd down philosophy and defense in general. So we are going to play a bend but don't break allowing them to basically march down the field and pray the other QBs can't throw a short or medium pass to a wide open receiver (probably accustomed to seeing that in practice but that is another topic). So the defense is on the field forever, give up points and then rinse and repeat next time the other team has the ball.

It would at least get your defense off the field quicker if you blitz to try to but some pressure and have your CB get beat deep for a long touchdown. Same results, less wear and tear on the players. Really, this hasn't worked for a year and 4 games now. Isn't it time to at least try something different. Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

For God's sake let's try something different. You know your gonna get your butt kicked doing what we've been doing. This is the worse I've ever felt about the long term outlook of the program. Mass quantities of alcohol will be involved before I can walk into that stadium on Saturday. Maybe I'll sleep/pass out through the first half. But that "chop" chant from their 25k fans will probably wake me up.

that's what bothers me most about Holtz. his schemes are not working and yet he doesn't change them. we are fast and athletic. we should play aggressive. he is not adapting his schemes to fit his players and that's what worries me most. both offensively and defensively.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  370
  • Days Won:  0

I wasn't able to view this video but he had another that was posted where he continually used the word "unfortunate"

I was hoping he would have said "Unacceptable"