• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chris Cosh needs to be fired....yesterday.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

The way I see it Chris cosh has a very easy job with FSU. FSU outmatches our entire defense, they're gonna score no matter what, so why waste time, blitz the crap outta them all game.

Sadly I don't think there's a blitz playcall in the book. At least that's what the tape evidence tells me.

Blitz, am I reading this correctly, Cosh doesn't know what that means- could you please send him the definition?

At over 320,000/season he isn't exposed to the word blitz.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Honestly,

I'm pretty sure the defensive philosophies belong to Skip. This zone on 3rd down **** is crap. If you are "afraid" of the "Big Play", what's wrong with a man to man with 2 safeties deep? (think it is called man 2 or something like that). But a soft shell zone? Seriously??????? Disgusting.

Skip is the HEAD COACH, he should be held accountable for everyone's performance.

Edited by snarling Bull

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Fire Cosh and make Kevin Patrick interim DC.

Can't get any worse.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Honestly,

I'm pretty sure the defensive philosophies belong to Skip. This zone on 3rd down **** is crap. If you are "afraid" of the "Big Play", what's wrong with a man to man with 2 safeties deep? (think it is called man 2 or something like that). But a soft shell zone? Seriously??????? Disgusting.

I am not sure I could fault him for the zone concept, at least at beginning of the season. What zone really relies on is that our front 4 can get pressure before your WR can find the soft spots (and your QB can find the WR). It is very effective if we get pressure. Obviously we need to adjust to the fact that our D-line just isnt very good.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

The way I see it Chris cosh has a very easy job with FSU. FSU outmatches our entire defense, they're gonna score no matter what, so why waste time, blitz the crap outta them all game.

Sadly I don't think there's a blitz playcall in the book. At least that's what the tape evidence tells me.

Neither did I see any stunts or movement within the line. It seemed like they just rushed the gaps and hoped for the best outcome.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777

Who you hire someone who has worked at 5 organizations in 12 years?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Cosh

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777

Since USF will not be able to buy out Skip's contract, the next option is to find a new defensive coordinator. This will be a valuable step to remedy the situation. Offensively USF has improved since Skip arrived but the defense has gone way down.