• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holtz Buyout

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Too much. USF can't afford it.

Sure they can, just raise the student athletic fees!!

New Big East TV deal. + or - $8 million should cover his buyout.

it's actually much lower than you think. I was under the impression that it was for the $2M per but Greg corrected me. I can't remember exactly but I remember thinking it wasn't that bad. like $400k per year left.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

Sure they can, just raise the student athletic fees!!

New Big East TV deal. + or - $8 million should cover his buyout.

That money would be better spent else where. Athletics will have more money, but giving it to Holtz to go away wouldn't be a prudent use of that money unless we bring in Petrino or Pete Carroll.

Just lay low for a few years and grab Pete Carroll after we build the indoor practice facility. Shiano will flame out at he Bucs in a few years. I bet he could recruit the state fairly well.

I was only answering the people that are saying there wouldn't be enough money. Not saying it is the best use of money. But the cash will be there.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

still not understanding how a coach coming off a losing season gets a contract extension

same reason Heath did I suppose. Worked out for him. Hopefully it wasnt a fluke. Without Austin, I question how much better we will truly be, but I hope we at least make the tournament again.

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

I remember Strong getting a big extension and raise after a terrible season with the cards. Looks like it is panning out. Cant say I have the same hope here.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  385

Any reasonable AD will gauge the interest of a Petrino if we have another losing season. The program is in a big time slump during a very crucial time (realignment)

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  99

If Holtz can't turn it around we're going to have another 2-3 seasons of this: :baghead:

If we lose to UCF a few years in a row, we'll have to shu down the forums.

Unless we get a miracle at qb or the entire coaching staff is replaced, UCF is gonna pummel us.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,672
  • Days Won:  424

still not understanding how a coach coming off a losing season gets a contract extension

same reason Heath did I suppose. Worked out for him. Hopefully it wasnt a fluke. Without Austin, I question how much better we will truly be, but I hope we at least make the tournament again.

Not quite following the Heath comparison. Both of Stan's extensions came after, at the time, the best regular season in USF hoops history ...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  136

If Holtz's contract is bought out, what coach would you like to see brought in (provided USF can afford his services)? Cristobal from FIU might be a good choice.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

If Holtz's contract is bought out, what coach would you like to see brought in (provided USF can afford his services)? Cristobal from FIU might be a good choice.

BCS coaches please.