• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip Holtz and his Tweets - Puppies and Rainbows

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Skip tweeted earlier this morning:

'Hate what happened last week. Grow and learn from it New week, beat Ball State!'

In frustration, I replied: 'Come on coach... Learn from it? We had six opportunities to learn last season. Time 2 light a fire under your players asses.'

If I had more characters, I would have put coaches in the tweet as well.

Anyways, I received a quick message: Tweet blocked.

Maybe I'm just totally frustrated with the state of program right now. I've communicated with other former players (players that actually started and had an impact on the field - I realize I was walk-on fodder) and their frustrations are just as alarming. I'm starting to wonder if Woolard decided to go with the name coach, not necessarily the most qualified coach to lead our program. Other coaches were out there. One coach had the full endorsement of the players and the alumni base... he's now leading a high octane offense in Arizona that isn't showing mercy to opponents by playing game after game with a conservative approach (plus he could recruit Florida).

Anyways... I'm curious to see if Skip has the mental fortitude to stop the leak in this sinking ship. Word has it that the players don't have the same toughness as the guys from the Leavitt era. I realize with a coaching change, philosophy changes. USF was built on toughness. Coaches like Wally Burnham, Andre Waters, Greg Frey, Calvin MaGee, Rich Rachel... They were mean SOB's. It wasn't puppies and rainbows. Heck, if I had sent that tweet to Leavitt, he wouldn't block it. He would probably find me and beat my a$$ himself (and we're not talking the Joel Miller non-sense). Leavitt would have been more intense than Bobby Paschal when I called him out during the Greenberg era. I don't know if that's the case with this staff. I sure and the f*ck hope it isn't. As an alum and a former player, I'm tired of the losing... especially at home (a place that we once owned and where teams feared coming to Tampa).

Right the ship Skip, or take your a$$ to a job that you are more qualified to handle. There is too much talent in Florida for this program to regress in its second decade. Heck... why Skip didn't keep Marquel on as a coach still blows my mind. His ties to local top tier talent would have kept the pipeline going other than placing all of our hopes in Asiantii Woulard (he can't do it all by himself next year).

Edited by The_Sheriff
  • Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Um... I'm willing to guess that that twitter account isn't really CSH.... More than likely it's someone from Athletics running it.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I dont normally agree with OP, but god **** you are so right. This has to stop. The season isnt over, so maybe Thursday was just another USF Thursday. I am going to wait until end of season to really cast judgement but I agree, Skip needs to start winning yesterday.

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

We have no identity with this coach. No toughness, we do not play with an edge. I agree with you 100% . Holtz has gone backwards each year. Imagine if we didnt somehow pull that Nevada magic out of our hats a couple weeks ago.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I dont normally agree with OP, but god **** you are so right. This has to stop. The season isnt over, so maybe Thursday was just another USF Thursday. I am going to wait until end of season to really cast judgement but I agree, Skip needs to start winning yesterday.

I have my Bag Krag Holtz bag's ready, but I'm waiting until we lose at least 4* conference games before completely throwing in the towel on Holtz.

* A loss to Temple counts as 3 conference games.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Um... I'm willing to guess that that twitter account isn't really CSH.... More than likely it's someone from Athletics running it.

Agree 100%

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  332
  • Days Won:  1

Start carrying lightning bolts to games with Holtz written on it. Metaphor for Holtz needs to bolt.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Skip tweeted earlier this morning:

'Hate what happened last week. Grow and learn from it New week, beat Ball State!'

In frustration, I replied: 'Come on coach... Learn from it? We had six opportunities to learn last season. Time 2 light a fire under your players asses.'

If I had more characters, I would have put coaches in the tweet as well.

Anyways, I received a quick message: Tweet blocked.

Maybe I'm just totally frustrated with the state of program right now. I've communicated with other former players (players that actually started and had an impact on the field - I realize I was walk-on fodder) and their frustrations are just as alarming. I'm starting to wonder if Woolard decided to go with the name coach, not necessarily the most qualified coach to lead our program. Other coaches were out there. One coach had the full endorsement of the players and the alumni base... he's now leading a high octane offense in Arizona that isn't showing mercy to opponents by playing game after game with a conservative approach (plus he could recruit Florida).

Anyways... I'm curious to see if Skip has the mental fortitude to stop the leak in this sinking ship. Word has it that the players don't have the same toughness as the guys from the Leavitt era. I realize with a coaching change, philosophy changes. USF was built on toughness. Coaches like Wally Burnham, Andre Waters, Greg Frey, Calvin MaGee, Rich Rachel... They were mean SOB's. It wasn't puppies and rainbows. Heck, if I had sent that tweet to Leavitt, he wouldn't block it. He would probably find me and beat my a$$ himself (and we're not talking the Joel Miller non-sense). Leavitt would have been more intense than Bobby Paschal when I called him out during the Greenberg era. I don't know if that's the case with this staff. I sure and the f*ck hope it isn't. As an alum and a former player, I'm tired of the losing... especially at home (a place that we once owned and where teams feared coming to Tampa).

Right the ship Skip, or take your a$$ to a job that you are more qualified to handle. There is too much talent in Florida for this program to regress in its second decade. Heck... why Skip didn't keep Marquel on as a coach still blows my mind. His ties to local top tier talent would have kept the pipeline going other than placing all of our hopes in Asiantii Woulard (he can't do it all by himself next year).

I wish we had hired Calvin Magee.

USF ties and he runs a top 10 offense every year whether it's passing or rushing. West Virginia, Michigan and now Arizona. Oh well we have todd fitch.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

Coach posts some of them, not all.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Holtz just said in his press conference that BJ played a great game. Does he watch the same game we do?

He is in way over his head.

We are being Kragholtzed to death!