• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow ND to the ACC! Now what for the BE?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  183
  • Days Won:  0

all this is is espn keeping the one piece of ND that they can. their olympic sports. big deal. sure it hurts that it won't be part of our NBC deal and it will cost us some but it won't destroy the conference.

This move might not kill the Big East but what if the ACC takes Uconn or Rutgers to keep an even number of Olympic sports members?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

I am saying after Pitt and Cuse left the buyout went ro $10 mil to trap others.

If UL pays FSU $20 mil, FSU comes up with $10a mil, and each school takes $2 mil (~20 percent as discussed for going to 12) for 1 year theres $50 mil

Would UL(Papa John )does pay that ad their exit fee to get to Big 12, to keep Charlie Strong, and get the Tier 1&2 deal and keep their Tier 3. Absolutely!

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

all this is is espn keeping the one piece of ND that they can. their olympic sports. big deal. sure it hurts that it won't be part of our NBC deal and it will cost us some but it won't destroy the conference.

It will hurt our per team payout but it will still pay us a large increase over what we have not. Will it be a $17M per school agreement,no, but it will still be enough to remain competitive. I thikn we will end up around $12-$15M per school when the new TV deal is done. The problem is will it be high enough to warrant everyone giving up the rights? That I am not sure of.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

This move might not kill the Big East but what if the ACC takes Uconn or Rutgers to keep an even number of Olympic sports members?

why? so every member gets less money?

If UL pays FSU $20 mil, FSU comes up with $10a mil, and each school takes $2 mil (~20 percent as discussed for going to 12) for 1 year theres $50 mil

Would UL(Papa John )does pay that ad their exit fee to get to Big 12, to keep Charlie Strong, and get the Tier 1&2 deal and keep their Tier 3. Absolutely!

again why would fsu leave this week ,and pay $50m regardless of who pays it, when they could have left last week and not pay $50M.

if it was going to happen, it would have happened before today. it would have saved all those involved $25M +

they aren't going to move for an additional $3M. they wouldn't play in their region and the competition would be much greater.

Edited by Bull94

oh by the way that increased buyout was agreed to by everyone.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

Just watched Brett McM and some other guy on Outside the Lines. Brett said that the ACC has language in their deal with ESPN that would allow for them to get a bump up from their $17 in the current contract. Neither Brett nor the other guy see Big 12 adding teams. The crux of the argument is that there is no one (Brett mentioned L'ville) that the Big 12 could add that would raise the Per Team dollars. So adding L'ville, USF, Cinci, Rutgers or whoever, while increasing total revenue for the conference, would dilute the per team take. Makes sense to me. I think any chance, and not a big one at that, of a Big 12 entry passed with Lee Roy Selmon.

Edited by CousinRicky

It will hurt our per team payout but it will still pay us a large increase over what we have not. Will it be a $17M per school agreement,no, but it will still be enough to remain competitive. I thikn we will end up around $12-$15M per school when the new TV deal is done. The problem is will it be high enough to warrant everyone giving up the rights? That I am not sure of.

TV will make us sign away our rights for the length of the contract. not a big deal IMO.

Just watched Brett McM and some other guy on Outside the Lines. Brett said that the ACC has language in their deal with ESPN that would allow for them to get a bump up from their $17 in the current contract. Neither Brett nor the other guy see Big 12 adding teams. The crux of the argument is that there is no one (Brett mentioned L'ville) that the Big 12 could add that would raise the Per Team dollars. So adding L'ville, USF, Cinci, Rutgers or whoever, while increasing total revenue for the conference, would dilute the per team take. Makes sense to me. I think any chance, and not a big one at that, of a Big 12 entry passed with Lee Roy Selmon.

I think shuffling is done. people keep saying conferences will go to 16. it would only mean less payout per team if they did. only big 12 makes some sense to get to 12 for champ game but that would also decrease payout per team as champ game is only worth $15M or so. they would need 2 teams to add another $25M+ just to break even. I think Texas would rather stay at 10. easier to make playoffs and no more money at 12.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

TV will make us sign away our rights for the length of the contract. not a big deal IMO.

Dead on.....here:http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/36413/lucrative-big-east-deal-possible-without-nd Andrea nailed it. It will hurt but not kills us. ACC said they are not adding anyone else. This was a strategic move to reopen negotiations on their TV contract.