• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Snyder will recruit poorly.

As for gameday coaching the best year for him will be this year with someone else's talent.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

My uncles and a couple cousins went to UF, my sister went to FSU (masters from USF). If it wasn't for WWII, my dad would have went to UF but instead he went out to Hawaii and attended UH while my grandfather was working as a Sea Bee to rebuild the dock at Pearl. I have no ties to any Texas school, my family has been in Florida over a century.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

My uncles and a couple cousins went to UF, my sister went to FSU (masters from USF). If it wasn't for WWII, my dad would have went to UF but instead he went out to Hawaii and attended UH while my grandfather was working as a Sea Bee to rebuild the dock at Pearl. I have no ties to any Texas school, my family has been in Florida over a century.

Im truly sorry to hear that

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

While at USF Mark Snyder was very conservative. While I believe that is somewhat his personality, it is also true that every time we tried to be aggresive our players allowed a big play to occur. So I think that was at least 50% because the coaching staff did not trust out secondary to make the plays. If you have shut down players in your secondary, it's easy to be aggressive in your play calling.

I don't he'll be the most aggressive coach in the nation for you, but I think you'll like him. One thing that stands out to me is that he will be calm and patient, smoothing out the ups and downs. He isn't an in your face kind of coach.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

He played a conservative zone or man defense, would rather give up short gains that be beat deep. I think for whatever reason he doesn't like press coverage. I guess he didn't think that players were fast enough to no get burned or weren't good enough at pursuit.

/thread

Snyder was a god around here year 1, then the wheels fell off the bus year 2 and he's been one of the scapegoats.

I think he's a great DC. I bet we see Cosh not pressing much either; that or we get burned more than under Synder. He just didn't have the personnel to play how we may be used to. He did year 1 and it worked with Skinny, Washington, Webster, Leijiste, Young, etc out there. Only Webster and Leijste are still aruond and theyr'e the weakest of the aforementioned group. (Kayvon has likely leapfrogged where Washington was playing though, but he's still not at Skinny's level.)

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Thing that pissed me off about Snyder is that is kids did not even go to USF....... He is good enough to take our money, but USF is not good enough for his kids to enroll here???

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

While at USF Mark Snyder was very conservative. While I believe that is somewhat his personality, it is also true that every time we tried to be aggresive our players allowed a big play to occur. So I think that was at least 50% because the coaching staff did not trust out secondary to make the plays. If you have shut down players in your secondary, it's easy to be aggressive in your play calling.

I don't he'll be the most aggressive coach in the nation for you, but I think you'll like him. One thing that stands out to me is that he will be calm and patient, smoothing out the ups and downs. He isn't an in your face kind of coach.

Out of all the answers, I agree with Data's the most. I would like to add, however, that I think Snyder wasn't left with the most mature and stocked secondary stable of players in his second year. He couldn't rotate in as many CB's without experiencing a marked drop in talent, which is likely the big reason why he played such a "bend but don't break" defensive system here. If A&M has a stocked and talented secondary, I'd be curious to see if Snyder continues playing so conservatively in the SEC.

Edited by Paisa el Toro

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Snyder inventer of the 10 yard umbrella defense.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

Thing that pissed me off about Snyder is that is kids did not even go to USF....... He is good enough to take our money, but USF is not good enough for his kids to enroll here???

Holtz's son doesn't go to USF...

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Holtz's son doesn't go to USF...

And Vernon Hargreaves' kid won't be going to USF either. Not sure how this is relevant to Snyder's coaching style though.