• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF fans in Reno?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  19
  • Days Won:  0

Any idea how many USF fans will be in attendance this weekend? I haven't heard how many tickets from the allotment were sold but I hope you guys bring a few fans. Reno in September is a great place to be, weather wise, and events wise.

Edited by battle.borne

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I'm just taking a stab in the dark, maybe 300-400?

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The positive about Reno is it's the most interesting destination USF travels to this year. Philly is a close second, but that trip will come around again in two years.

It's just so far away. I took some time and seriously considered taking the trip, but opted not to.

There's generally a decent contingent of traveling fans for USF games. I'd throw out a random guess of about 1,000-1,500. But that may be optimistic.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  763

No go for Reno. Temple on the other hand will have a strong contingent. Sec. 120 is going to be Bulled Out.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

No go for Reno. Temple on the other hand will have a strong contingent. Sec. 120 is going to be Bulled Out.

This may actually be what kills the crowd from heading to Reno. Personally if I could only go to one away game this year, it would be Reno, but that's because I've been to Philly before.

This being USF's first trip to Philly and it being a cheaper destination, the people that are going to make one long season road trip will probably be in Philly.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

Reno ain't Vegas. If it was, the Bull Nation would travel in droves. As it is, an early season game like this likely won't draw well with our crowd.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777

I think this concern will continue when San Diego and Boise join the conference.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

I think this concern will continue when San Diego and Boise join the conference.

Boise seems to be a two stop flight from Tampa unless you charter.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  45

But there are more things to do here especiallly in the fall than there is in Boise. San Diego is a really nice place to visit. Old Town San Diego is very nice and so is docks where the cruise ships are. but overall still long trips.