• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Todd Chandler

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Did anybody else see the play where at the snap Chandler sent the center backwards 3 yards and disrupted the play immediately...I'm pumped about this kid and it looks like we have a very solid rotation available at the DT position

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

yeah he is a freaking monster. I saw him at the spring game and he looked like a man amongst boys. Immense physical presence.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Hope he lives up to his promise.

Greg had a nice article about him today.

SEPTEMBER 04, 2012

DT Chandler 'big ball of emotions' in Bulls debut

TAMPA -- USF defensive tackle Todd Chandler hadn't played in a football game since 2009, so the sophomore's Bulls debut in Saturday's win against Chattanooga was everything he'd been waiting for, and then some.

"When we ran out of the tunnel, I just looked up to God and said 'Thank you, God,' because I've been waiting for that feeling for so long," said Chandler, one of 30 players to make their USF debut against the Mocs. "When I got out and turned around and saw my pastor and his wife, my mom and my daughter and all my brothers out there to support me, I was like 'This is what I've been waiting for.' I was excited."

Chandler didn't just play -- he made plays, finishing with a team-best three tackles for loss in limited action. He could barely contain his excitement after one sack, slapping his helmet wildly and jumping in celebration.

"It was a big ball of emotions," said Chandler, who redshirted the 2010 season and was ineligible last year. "I don't just want to limit myself to this game. I want to keep that emotion through this whole season, through my whole career. I know football can be taken away from me at any time. It's just seizing the moment."

USF has two solid starters in senior Cory Grissom (who had seven tackles in the first half) and junior Luke Sager, but coach Skip Holtz said a key will be finding a way to develop Chandler into force off the bench for about 20 snaps a game.

"If we can do that, we're a better defensive front," Holtz said. "He's strong, he's powerful, he has a low center of gravity. His leverage is so good. You look at what he did in that game, it's great to see."

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/dt-chandler-big-ball-emotions-bulls-debut

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Been waiting to get him in the middle of the DL. Was good to hear his name called the other day, let's hope we can continue to hear it!

• Topic Count:  2,338
  • Content Count:  21,346
  • Days Won:  10

The guy is going to destroy this year. Can't wait. Hope he teaches our O-line how to protect BJ.

Edited by Rizman

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

It is beyond HUGE, when you can rotate as many players as we can along the D line.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

It's great news. Safe to say I was a little skeptical with the Miami goof-balls saying they pulled his scholly. After he was inelligable last season, I thought they may have been right.

I know it was only Chatanooga, but he looks to be as good as he was advertised in recruiting.

The front 7 is going to be dominant all year. You can't double team everyone and this line looks like even with the rotation guys at least two will require a double to handle.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Watson and Chandler, the Miami connection, could be awesome on the interior defensive line. Bookend them with Lynch and Giddens on the ends next year, and I think the potential is there for an incredible D-line.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Watson and Chandler, the Miami connection, could be awesome on the interior defensive line. Bookend them with Lynch and Giddens on the ends next year, and I think the potential is there for an incredible D-line.

Plus, we will have our SUMO wrestler as well. :)