• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pre-Game Intro

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

There wasn't a "OOO THAT'S HOT". tonight. Thank goodness.

Indeed! You gotta admit, that was creepy. You'd be surprised at the number of people who miss the old 'crates falling off the truck' intro video.

It seems that that video is the baseline for approval...."not as good as", etc. Not saying go back to that, but at least float some sort of project

that is inspirational and motivating. It must be one monumental task to put together something like that, otherwise we'd have it in place. I don't

think tradition can be manufactured. Tough work.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Very uninspiring and bland.

In fact the entire pre-game sucked. They really need to bring in someone to coordinate the whole pregame down to the minute.

Here's just a list:

1) The visiting team needs to be told that they need to be off the field by this time. Period. The HOT should not have to rush to get on the field because UTC is going long on warmups and then the band has to run around them as they come off the field. Can you imagine if USF had done that to the Florida Marching Band?

2) Kill the HOT announcer. That entire script needs to be ripped up and a new one created. When we get to the "S-O-U-T-H....." part of the fight song, he should not be on the PA system introducing Rocky; it disrupts the fight song.

3) The HOT was way off. I know its the first week, but I've never seen them that bad in a pregame show. Saw the trumpets facing one way, the drums facing another, and the tubas facing a third way.

4) How bad is it when the intro video cuts off the HOT while they are playing?

5) Reorganize the pregame to build excitement. There were so many times when they built the excitement, then we waited around for the parachuters,, then they played the Bull, and killed it by interrupting with a subpar intro video, built up with the teams running on the field, and killed it with awkward silence of the coin toss.

6) Get rid of the "cannon" noise.

7) Good to see the male cheerleaders back, now give them bigger flags that are green and have the USF logo on it.

8) Get rid of the Pamplona runners. There were only three of them last night. It's a novelty act for donors now which no one cares about.

Just some ideas there.

100% dead on for everyone of these... now you just have to get someone to listen... which is proving very tough.

dead on

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

There wasn't a "OOO THAT'S HOT". tonight. Thank goodness.

Indeed! You gotta admit, that was creepy. You'd be surprised at the number of people who miss the old 'crates falling off the truck' intro video.

It seems that that video is the baseline for approval...."not as good as", etc. Not saying go back to that, but at least float some sort of project

that is inspirational and motivating. It must be one monumental task to put together something like that, otherwise we'd have it in place. I don't

think tradition can be manufactured. Tough work.

Yep, each new video every year doesn't come close to "the boxes" video that we used to have. That's always the standard to compare each new intro video to. Unfortunately it seems every year it keeps getting worse and worse. The intro video this year is horrible. Doesn't get me pumped up as a fan one bit. For those who weren't around then here's what "the boxes" video is that everyone is referring to:

Edited by USFishin

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Back to crates

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Need the boxes, but with a Tamplona theme

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Agree with all this. Nothing has compared to the boxes for getting the crowd up. Last night's intro was just boring. There was a glint of hope last year when they showed the players singing the fight song. HOT looked very confused. Before the team came on the field while they were playing The Bull, half of the band started to rotate to the south end zone during the second part while others just kept facing west. And please ditch the announcer except when they let the opponent know they are playing their fight song and when he asks people to stand for the alma mater. I love when we play the other team's fight song always a class act by major marching bands when the opponent band is not there. But as usual the other fans don't realize what's happening until it's almost over. I think last night there were maybe 5 people clapping along that knew what was happening. Anyhow, we keep telling people to get inside and be in their seats for the band to show support before kickoff but if last night is any indication, it's not worth missing one more tailgate beer.

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Does anyone on here flood the various people in the athletic department with these comments? They have to know how we all feel, maybe forwarding these comments to everyone in the AD will get this somewhere.

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378

Last night's video was one of the worst in years. Completely bland and uninspiring. The crates ruled.

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I voice my opinion ... But I 'm sure most fans don't care.

And it doesn't seem to be a priority with USF

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923

Crates get my vote, bring it back slightly refreshed.