• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I thought that last night's game was very unexciting. Did you?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  308
  • Days Won:  0

Penalties, timeouts, first game jitters, and the never-in-doubt-expected-outcome made for one boring, dull game. We left before the game was over, which is quite uncommon.

Were any of you'll bored, too?

However; I can't wait for the next game!!!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

I was frustrated at times, but I'm never bored at any game. The 3rd quarter dragged, because the refs seemed unable to make a call without a 2 minute discussion involved and/or a review. 1st game kinks. Happens every year.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

The refs were hilarious. I like power football so the running game was kind of frustrating to watch. I'm a little concerned about playing a team with skill and depth. Will they be swarming BJ? Will he run out of bounds for a 7 yard loss?

*Edit* I do think I saw some I formation action near the goal line.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

5th senior and he still can't throw it away..... That was very frustrating

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Not sure about all the doom and gloom. I thought it was a typical first game against a FCS team. We always play down, weird time outs/clock management, refs getting their feet wet for the season, a couple amazing highlights, mostly lowlights, etc.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

Seriously. I was going to mention that but it sounds like piling on. If we can't run the ball (and we have a good defense), it's going to be up to us not to turn the ball over when we play against a defense that is swarming. Ie. don't run around all over the place in the backfield and turn the ball over or take a huge loss.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276

Never really got bored...but I also think the coaches simplified some of the play calling to limit tape for future teams to review and also limit mistakes.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  971

The crowd never really got into the game. The team was sharp as long as they stayed focused. But once they started to feel comfortable, they reverted to their old tricks. UTC may turn out to be better than most realize now, and our next opponent will dictate a more serious attitude among the team. Let's see what happens in the low humidity of the Sierra Nevadas on the road. If we steal a one-point victory there, I'll be happy. GB!

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

I stayed 'til very end of game. What's the rush leaving early...Sat. night, Labor Day weekend...we stayed for whole game. I guess I'm old school, but the guys on the team need all the support they can get, and I like it better when fans hang in there at stadium for the full game...

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Seriously. I was going to mention that but it sounds like piling on. If we can't run the ball (and we have a good defense), it's going to be up to us not to turn the ball over when we play against a defense that is swarming. Ie. don't run around all over the place in the backfield and turn the ball over or take a huge loss.

Yes and he still does not protect the ball.