• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does Ray Jay validate that the actual ticket holders are in the seats?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

I guess it's purely a low class move understood by such.

But it seems they have been killing the value of being a donor and paying a higher price for a ticket.

That opens the door for people that buy cheap tickets and assume expensive seats with no moral conscience.

I have a different point of view and it has nothing to do with being a ****. I assume that someone pays what they can afford to, when they can. During games where the stadium is half empty. I would rather have them down cheering for the team, where the team can actually hear them. I don't assume that someone buys a cheap ticket because they are trying to game the system, because they never know whether the lower tiers will be filled. I assume that they buy what they can afford to. Would I rather have them there, until we fill Ray Jay every game? ABSOLUTELY. I think the rather myopic view that they are trying to get over on the system, is both simplistic and doesn't understand what may actually be best for attendance. I mean, if someone buys a 9.87 ticket and goes to a 3/4 empty stadium and fills a lower seat, will they have a good time and come back next time, buying a more expensive seat? Perhaps so. Will someone sitting in the nosebleeds, grow bored and perhaps decide not to return? Perhaps. Either way. They are at the game supporting the team. And who is harmed during this heinous crime. Someone who wishes to support the team and buy the more expensive seat? Their seat is always guaranteed even for high demand games, that is their reward. I mean, FSU fans are buying season tickets to ensure they get into the big show this year. I think, looking at buying seats with a sense of privilege is way different than buying seats as a privilege.

Um... The lower bowl was pretty well full tonight.

The lower bowl at RayJay?? ..... was 80-90% full ... maybe.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

wow, i've done it it many times and was always greeted cordially and with total cooperation. Guess it's all in the way you ask.Actually had Carl Bernstein move down to grab an unoccupied seat next to me at a Mets-Braves ST game. Should I have asked for his ticket stub?

Perhaps you're nicer IRL than you are around here?

I believe the OP was referring to the drunken idiots that just move down from some other place and squat, either in your seats or obscure your view of the game because of how they're acting. Most people aren't thrilled with the notion of having to "ask" for someone to move and/or act in a civil manner.

It must be my 1970's revolutionary sensibility. We went to 100's and 100's of concerts and filling empty seats was the norm.Half the time it was others filling empty seats, half the time it was me. Never had a confrontation, never got into a squabble, listened to a lot of great music. Sorry to see that common decency disappear among a lot of Americans( referring to rude intruders rather than those posting here). But I also miss the days where there weren't rules for every stray move in society. Spent a lot of time traveling over the years and my experiences in less "developed" cultures and even more "developed" ones have left me haunted. We have gotten so far away from a culture that doesn't need extreme rules because it operates on common decency and respect.Hence the title we have well earned across the planet, the "Ugly American". Would that, it could be so different, we have so much more to offer.
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

part of the value in buying season tickets is that you have fans that actually care about watching the game and not just a place to get drunk before their night in ybor begins.

bullwinkle...your argument about getting a good seat and paying for it next time is complete bogus and has never....EVER...worked in any previous form of paid attendance...that is one reason why the Rays ushers hold fort 100% of time until the last pitch of the 9th inning.

Season ticket holders should be protected 100% of the time.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

There were a ton of people in my section tonight with real tiny babies (6 months or less). I'm all for kids attending the games, but as hot as it was I felt bad for them. One of the babies cried constantly

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

I used to do this occasionally in games that many fans didn't attend with a group of people I knew had tickets there. I'm now a season ticket holder in the area through a friend. Do you get morons moving down on occasion, yes... To be honest I used to be one of those morons.. i grew up got married and now I help others in seats that I know are empty so they can get the same experience I got years ago... To say that it is ok to have a 2 or 3 year old at a College Football game is probably the more appropriate question... Not saying you shouldn't but you should definitely understand that even the calmest fan can become irate at a bad call... And you can hear the student section yelling obscenities often... If they are offensive kick them out... if they come back then that sucks until we have better attendance to crappy games...

Edited by tampatony

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

But it seems they have been killing the value of being a donor and paying a higher price for a ticket.

That opens the door for people that buy cheap tickets and assume expensive seats with no moral conscience.

I have a different point of view and it has nothing to do with being a ****. I assume that someone pays what they can afford to, when they can. During games where the stadium is half empty. I would rather have them down cheering for the team, where the team can actually hear them. I don't assume that someone buys a cheap ticket because they are trying to game the system, because they never know whether the lower tiers will be filled. I assume that they buy what they can afford to. Would I rather have them there, until we fill Ray Jay every game? ABSOLUTELY. I think the rather myopic view that they are trying to get over on the system, is both simplistic and doesn't understand what may actually be best for attendance. I mean, if someone buys a 9.87 ticket and goes to a 3/4 empty stadium and fills a lower seat, will they have a good time and come back next time, buying a more expensive seat? Perhaps so. Will someone sitting in the nosebleeds, grow bored and perhaps decide not to return? Perhaps. Either way. They are at the game supporting the team. And who is harmed during this heinous crime. Someone who wishes to support the team and buy the more expensive seat? Their seat is always guaranteed even for high demand games, that is their reward. I mean, FSU fans are buying season tickets to ensure they get into the big show this year. I think, looking at buying seats with a sense of privilege is way different than buying seats as a privilege.

That would meet my definition of "pretty full"

• Upvote 1

They weren't checking the tickets in the entrance to my section. There were quite a few people finding their way into empty seats in the front rows.

Do they even have ushers at the bottom of the stairs going up to the 2nd level? We always come in through the Club, with the rest of the Chosen Ones, and out from there. The ushers at the top's primary concern is keeping the riff raff out the Club and, occasionally, halting the flow back to their seats right before a play starts .... which, as an aisle sitter, I really appreciate. We very rarely have problems with squatters in our section (214), or the next one over that I can see. If you've got the same people without the proper tickets repeatedly coming back into your section, and the regular usher/security isn't doing anything about it, I'd ask to speak to a supervisor.

That would meet my definition of "pretty full"

I was being generous .... hence the "maybe". The only sections that I saw, from the west side, that appeared close to 100% full were the lower level students and the band

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

They weren't checking the tickets in the entrance to my section. There were quite a few people finding their way into empty seats in the front rows.

Do they even have ushers at the bottom of the stairs going up to the 2nd level? We always come in through the Club, with the rest of the Chosen Ones, and out from there. The ushers at the top's primary concern is keeping the riff raff out the Club and, occasionally, halting the flow back to their seats right before a play starts .... which, as an aisle sitter, I really appreciate. We very rarely have problems with squatters in our section (214), or the next one over that I can see. If you've got the same people without the proper tickets repeatedly coming back into your section, and the regular usher/security isn't doing anything about it, I'd ask to speak to a supervisor.

I'm in 125. Ushers were there, but they didn't check for tickets.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

wow, i've done it it many times and was always greeted cordially and with total cooperation. Guess it's all in the way you ask.Actually had Carl Bernstein move down to grab an unoccupied seat next to me at a Mets-Braves ST game. Should I have asked for his ticket stub?

Perhaps you're nicer IRL than you are around here?

I believe the OP was referring to the drunken idiots that just move down from some other place and squat, either in your seats or obscure your view of the game because of how they're acting. Most people aren't thrilled with the notion of having to "ask" for someone to move and/or act in a civil manner.

It must be my 1970's revolutionary sensibility. We went to 100's and 100's of concerts and filling empty seats was the norm.Half the time it was others filling empty seats, half the time it was me. Never had a confrontation, never got into a squabble, listened to a lot of great music. Sorry to see that common decency disappear among a lot of Americans( referring to rude intruders rather than those posting here). But I also miss the days where there weren't rules for every stray move in society. Spent a lot of time traveling over the years and my experiences in less "developed" cultures and even more "developed" ones have left me haunted. We have gotten so far away from a culture that doesn't need extreme rules because it operates on common decency and respect.Hence the title we have well earned across the planet, the "Ugly American". Would that, it could be so different, we have so much more to offer.

Yeah, I guess that's a good excuse for attacking the original poster.