• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BJ picked no.4 in 2012 Big East top 25 players by AA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293
  • Days Won:  1

No. 4 B.J. Daniels, QB, USF

Making the case:

For those of you who have followed the blog throughout the summer, I have made it pretty clear that I think Daniels is going to have the best year of all quarterbacks in the Big East. I know that makes me somewhat of an outlier, especially given the history. But I have faith that Daniels is going to put everything together in his fourth year as a starter.

Why? Well, if you take a look at his numbers from last season, you will see that he hit career highs for completions (215), attempts (365), passing yards (2,604), completion percentage (58.9 percent) and total offense (3,205) and career lows for interceptions (seven) and sacks (14). Daniels needs 2,884 yards of total offense to become the Big East career leader in the category. Those are notes coach Skip Holtz makes sure he tells folks when they ask about Daniels. This is what he said to me after last season ended: "B.J. finished second in the league in total offense. … When you look at the program, we were better off than we were a year ago. B.J. is a much better quarterback than he was a year ago. He did a much better job of protecting the football and running the offense, showed maturity and poise. I couldn't be more excited about what he did." He goes into this season with an extraordinary level of depth at the skill positions, and he will be more comfortable with his receivers. That will help. So will being in this offensive scheme for another season. We have constantly complimented Daniels for his athleticism and his potential. Now is the time he puts everything together.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/35699/2012-big-east-top-25-countdown-no-4

Edited by Nebolsky

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

A lot of preseason buzz for Daniels, I hope he exceeds expectations. And I vote for letting him use his arm re:FSU a few years ago. Throw one and let the speedsters go get it. No risk, no reward. Open it up.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

AA/DC

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

AA/DC

x2

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

it's fun enough to read the comments by hail2pitt and the other pitt fag. bj must have stolen his girlfriend or turned down his gay advances, he's so butthurt everytime bj's name comes up on the espn boards. it's hilarity.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Thanks for the copy.

BJ needs to throw TDs.