• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

War Flamingo Lives!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  201
  • Days Won:  0

How many real green flamingos have you seen? Change the color and no one outside of TBP knows what it is.

We just tell the crowd they're so made they're seeing green.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

Fear the Flamingo would be better than War Flamingo. It would set it apart from Auburn and War Flamingo could still have it's place in history. Fear the flamingo would make this ours and not just a parody.

#FearTheFlamingo

+1. If we have to use the pink bird, do this.

I actually love the flamingos just hate the name. I feels like a cheap knock off, like us throwing up the bulls sign and saying hook Em bulls. I'm starting the movement

#FearTheFlamingo

The Bulls sign is a cheap knock off without saying anything so I don't see another cheap knock off of a great tradition that big of a deal ... but I wouldn't be patently opposed to "Fear The Flamingo" but isn't that a knock off, too ....

fearfrog.jpg

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The fear the "macot" doesn't really belong to anyone in the way war eagle does. I can't think of a school that uses it for an alternate mascot

#FearTheFlamingo

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  201

The fear the "macot" doesn't really belong to anyone in the way war eagle does. I can't think of a school that uses it for an alternate mascot

#FearTheFlamingo

War Flamingo is the humor of it though. It was done after Auburn in response. That's the history. It's funny and it makes sense. I think it's great if your going to do it.

Edited by StateRoad42

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

It was done before Auburn and The War Flamingo would always have it's place in history. You could even still call the birds War Flamingos but honestly Fear The Flamingo is a better slogan IMO because It can stand on it's own without being a blatant Auburn rip off. It takes that randomness from a joke and makes it ours.

#FearTheFlamingo

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Wow, how did i miss this thread? I love it, the idea, the t-shirt, everything about it, even the word WAR. I like image #1, I don't like the plain one. but any of the rest are fine with me. Who cares what color the war flamingo is? Wear a green shirt and bring in a pink bird. Whatever. Count me in on this. Hopefully I can find some before Saturday.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

It was done before Auburn and The War Flamingo would always have it's place in history. You could even still call the birds War Flamingos but honestly Fear The Flamingo is a better slogan IMO because It can stand on it's own without being a blatant Auburn rip off. It takes that randomness from a joke and makes it ours.

#FearTheFlamingo

You make a good case ...

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

FSU uses 'fear the spear' and has for a long time.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  879

#Fear the Flamingo

YES!

#FearTheFlamingo

You make a good case ...

#FearTheFlamingo

YES!

Even through the flamingo is not native to North America, it's what Florida is known for. I also don't like the rip off of Auburn. Fear The Flamingo...much better.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,638
  • Days Won:  3

So, I looked but did not see one pink flamingo in the stadium. Did I just not see it or is this debate officially closed?