• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Schnellenberger sees FAU in Big East with 65000 seat stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Bizarre. In Madden 13, the script written by EA Sports, in their studio in Orlando, has the fictitious projected #1 draft pick for 2013 being a FAU WR, a favorite for the Heisman. So weird.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Bizarre. In Madden 13, the script written by EA Sports, in their studio in Orlando, has the fictitious projected #1 draft pick for 2013 being a FAU WR, a favorite for the Heisman. So weird.

And this relates to the real world, how?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Schnellenberger sees FAU in Big East with 65000 seat stadium

By Dieter Kurtenbach

3:57 p.m. EDT, August 27, 2012

Howard Schnellenberger has never been one for the undersell, but his latest proclamation is one that borders on grandiose.

What else do you expect from the man who built a Division-1 program from scratch?

Schnellenberger told Dan Wolken of USA Today that he sees the Owls joining the Big East, following in the footsteps of UCF.

A move to the Big East would also lead to the expansion of FAU Stadium. The House that Schnelly built holds 30,000 currently, but expansion has always been in the cards — if deemed necessary.

All in all, the man who knows that stadium better than anyone who wasn't a contractor or architect, says FAU Stadium will more than double it's capacity, reaching 65,000.

"This is the hottest thing going.," Schnellenberger told the national newspaper. "We've got the best stadium in America, and we're enlarging to 65,000 when we get into the Big East Conference."

Also, if Owls fans think Conference USA is the next best option to the Sun Belt, think again. Howard doesn't want anything to do with C-USA: "We're not going to go in Conference USA, I'll tell you that."

http://www.sun-senti...0,7519318.story

facepalm.gif

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

Didn't you know that everything in the real world correlates to a video game in some way :D

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Coincidence. Just like Madden 13 has the Seahawks cutting TO in preseason. That being said, it relates to the real world about the same as the opinions espoused all over this forum.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

FAU needs some work. They were lucky to squeeze out a 7-3 win against Wagner (College?) last night after trailing most of the game before a home crowd of what looked like 500 people. Schnellenberger's dream of a stadium filled with 65,000 home fans is a few weeks off yet. I like to mind my own business, but yikes for FAU.

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  14
  • Days Won:  0

We are stepping it up and making changes. FAU still has a long way to go, but the hiring of Coach Pelini and the firing of the AD Angelos were two big steps in the right direction. I was dissapointed in our performance versus Wagner, but Coach made it clear that we are working with a limited playbook and each week it will expand. I'm not totally on board with that, but so far we have shown improvement each week and thats what I'm looking for after a 1-11 season. Our "season" really starts this week, in conference play. I don't think we'll do much this year, but next year we should be in a position to threaten the conference champions. The new AD has already brought back student interest, has been out and about talking to the local community and is working hard to get some fundraising going, all of which was non-existant under the old guy. Our attendance is rough, but thats what happens after you go 1-11, USF's will probably be dropping off as well unless the team picks it up. As for Schnellenberger, I give him credit for everything he's done for us and for football in general, but he puts the cart way before the horse sometimes. Anyway, for this weekend I'll be at Rayjay with my bulls gear on, good luck guys!

We are stepping it up and making changes. FAU still has a long way to go, but the hiring of Coach Pelini and the firing of the AD Angelos were two big steps in the right direction.

Hopefully he's better at Compliance than he was at ADing ...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

Funny how nobody mentioned the job he did at Louisville as well! He might be dreaming when it comes to a 65k stadium packed right now but maybe in 20 yrs who knows? Look at what we did in that amount of time! I don't think they'll ever get an invite to the BE but I think they have a lot of pro's being in the city they are and all the money that can help finance the program.

Remeber donations for the most part are a write off and companies/Big headed exec.'s love to have buildings named after them which is where the financing will come in. They have a good TV market and very fertile recruiting area. In terms of academics they will be slacking but if they get the right university president and take advantage of networking with the local politicians who knows what can happen. It will be interesting to say the least, my biggest arguement is if Texas can have all these D-1 programs and Ohio than why can't Florida, especially with all the money and resources we have to offer besides a large metro area/TV market.

It's okay to dream but what made him sound even more foolish is the last line about NOT going to CUSA.