• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2013 wing Byron "Bo" Zeigler

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

USF basketball a recuiting juggernaut?

Hope they all sign in the November early signing period.

Where's the dude that said Heath couldn't or wouldn't recruit high schoolers?

I questioned Heath's capacity to recruit local high schoolers. I believe this may his first class since getting at USF to be entirely composed of high schoolers. To date, there are no D-1 or JuCo transfers. I sure hope this class is as sold on the hardwood as it is on paper. I'm excited.

Andy Hipsher and Steve Roccaforte deserves a lot of credit for USF turnaround in recruiting.

So do Pam and Les ...

ITBUINMUQSSZFRB.20100216214804.jpg

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

What is our ranking for recruiting class?

Hoop Scoop has USF ranked #6.

I believe they had USF ranked #12 last year at this time.

http://www.hoopscooponline.com/members/toprecruitingclassestodatefor2011&beyond.asp

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

What is our ranking for recruiting class?

Hoop Scoop has USF ranked #6.

I believe they had USF ranked #12 last year at this time.

http://www.hoopscoop...2011&beyond.asp

Just think the class isn't finished yet as Perry again said on Twitter that Dre Clayton will be a part of the class. We also have to hope that Henry joins the bunch too.

If Heath keeps his promise by letting the team have more freedom offensively, the recruiting classes to follow could be even better.

Memphis has had a strong class this season and we all need to start including them in BE discussions of the future.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

If they are going to play similar defense, I just need them scoring like 68 points. Because if people are only scoring like 56 off them that's a nice comfortable win.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Byron "Bo" Zeigler 2013-SF

Last season Detroit Community's entire basketball season was canceled due to an ineligible player. Of course that error hurt the whole program,and especially those seniors on the team who couldn't compete for a state title. This season the Hurricanes are all eligible,and are poised to make a run at a Class B state title.

Detroit Community is off to an 5-4 start this season,and nearly knocked off the #1 team in the state Pershing a few weeks ago. Not well known as a basketball power,Community does have one of the best players in the state in 6'6" wingman Byron "Bo" Zeigler. If the last name sounds familiar,Zeigler is the nephew of former Central Michigan head coach Ernie Zeigler,and current Pittsburgh guard Trey Zeigler.

Bo Zeigler is a long and athletic wing,who has elite athletic ability. He thrives in transition,and uses his 6'6" frame to finish well above the rim. Zeigler is committed to play in the Big East at South Florida,and shared with me his thoughts on the current season,and his future at South Florida.

Positions(s): SF/SG Height: 6'6" Weight: 200

First high school game ever played or started?: "My first high school game I started in was against Plymouth high school in the 9th grade".

Most memorable high school game ever played?: "My most memorable high school game came against Clarkston at their place last year,with the so-called "upset".

Pre-game rituals: "I listen to any of Meek Mill's music".

Post-game ritual: "I go home,look in the mirror and ask myself did I do everything possible for my team to win".

Athlete you model you game after?: "I model my game after Kevin Durant and J.R. Smith's fire and competitiveness.

Branden Hunter - Of all the schools in Detroit with rich basketball traditions,what made you want to play basketball at Detroit Community?

Byron "Bo" Zeigler - "Me and my AAU buddy Ramell Robinson decided to play on the same high school team,plus my dad had me around the program a lot when I was younger,so I figured I could come in and change things around".

BH - How heartbreaking was that two point loss to #1 Pershing earlier this season?

BZ - "It was a tough one. We knew we were better than them,and that we weren't going to be satisfied with just making it to a game. We wanted to prove ourselves".

BH - What are the goals and expectations for you and your Community teammates?

BZ - "We know we we're a top team,but we haven't gotten anything done as a team with a canceled season last year. The ultimate goal for us is to win it all".

BH - Talk about your decision to commit to USF?

BZ - "I wanted to play at the highest level in college basketball,and I felt like it was the Big East. I have a good relationship with all the coaches,especially Coach Heath. They made it feel like home on my visit, so I know when I get there I'll be held accountable,and I will grow as a player".

BH - What are your thoughts on the realignment in the Big East?

BZ - "It's changed a lot. A lot of teams have left. I'm just wondering if we're going to leave or stay by the time I get there. Either way I'll be ready to help the team".

BH - What opposing player has given you the toughest competition on the court in high school?

BZ - "I would have to say Amir Williams. He's a quick big man with good hands,and good post moves".

BH - How does teammate Jerrell Martin compliment your game on the floor?

BZ - "Jerrell is a beast on the glass. I can always count on him to be ready for my passes when I get doubled,or if I'm trying to get in the lane and make something happen. His offensive game has come along way too".

BH - What's it like having an uncle and cousin coaching and playing at major Division 1 programs?

BZ - "It gives me an advantage because they let you know exactly what your're doing wrong,and they know what it takes to be prepared for what's ahead of me because they have experience. They hold no punches".

BH - Do you keep in contact with current USF forward and Michigan native Javontae Hawkins?

BZ - "Yes that's my homie. He looked out for me and showed me the ropes on my visit. I'll be glad when he gets back on the court".

BH - Who would win in a 1-on-1 game  between you and cousin Trey Zeigler?

BZ - "I'm always going to go with myself {laughs}. He's bigger and smarter,but I'm quicker and longer.

http://www.thedzone.net/2013/01/byron-bo-zeigler-2013-sf.html#.UOxYJ5jhd3Q

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

BZ - "I wanted to play at the highest level in college basketball,and I felt like it was the Big East.

---------

This scares the **** out of me .... Just when recruiting kids here got a little easier, it's going to get tougher again. 

BZ - "I wanted to play at the highest level in college basketball,and I felt like it was the Big East.

---------

"This scares the **** out of me .... Just when recruiting kids here got a little easier, it's going to get tougher again."

Yes I worry about that too. That puts even more pressure on the program to win consistently and play in the post season, preferably the NCAAT. As long as USF wins they can still get quality talent into the program, like Memphis has even after Calipari left them, they still have no trouble getting talent there. Kids want to play for winners above everything else.

Edited by Vega

• 4 months later...

Byron "Bo" ****** Zeigler!