• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Popek at guard???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Not questioniing mr williams' ability at all. Just the timing of it. Popeks all big east nods in anthlon sports,lindys,phil steeles and the outland trophy watch list should have meant something but not to these coaches i guess. Mr williams could be a guard then a tackle next year. Will know more after talking with theseguys at fanfest.You can tell alot in the tone of a persons voice even if they dont really say a whole lot.GO BULLS

You're really going to go to fan fest, where there are lines of people waiting to get autographs and pictures, and grill the players on their positions? Come on, man.

Yeah, who would want to go and support their team, when we all know that they are just way too cool for that.

He's not saying don't go to fan fest, he's saying don't go there trying to bait players into giving you dirt or ask a question that could possibly stir up some resentment in the players......

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Not questioniing mr williams' ability at all. Just the timing of it. Popeks all big east nods in anthlon sports,lindys,phil steeles and the outland trophy watch list should have meant something but not to these coaches i guess. Mr williams could be a guard then a tackle next year. Will know more after talking with theseguys at fanfest.You can tell alot in the tone of a persons voice even if they dont really say a whole lot.GO BULLS

You're really going to go to fan fest, where there are lines of people waiting to get autographs and pictures, and grill the players on their positions? Come on, man.

Yeah, who would want to go and support their team, when we all know that they are just way too cool for that.

He's not saying don't go to fan fest, he's saying don't go there trying to bait players into giving you dirt or ask a question that could possibly stir up some resentment in the players......

Yeah I can see that, just a little frosted already at BS he was spouting on another thread.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Yeah I can see that, just a little frosted already at BS he was spouting on another thread.

Please don't cross the threads ....

crossed.jpg

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Hah, nice Trip B's. Bullwinkle, don't worry I'll be nice to you in another thread. But yeah, obviously I meant it seems a little awkward to ask certain kinds of questions. But whatever, it's for the fans, so if anyone asked some awkward questions feel free to share.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

AUGUST 20, 2012

Bulls eager to 'roll the dice' on left tackle Williams

Monday's Times has a feature on the Bulls' potential left tackle of the present and future, sophomore Darrell Williams. While coaches haven't yet fully committed to a starting line with Williams at left tackle and senior Mark Popek moved inside to guard, it's the line they feel gives them the best five on the field this fall.

Williams was a recruit that Todd Fitch saw in his first day of looking at video of recruits after coming to USF, and the Bulls made him a priority, beating out Florida State and South Carolina for his services. "Talent-wise, you can't go find a better one," Fitch said.

Posted by Greg Auman at 11:18:40 am on August 20, 2012

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/bulls-eager-roll-dice-left-tackle-williams

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Maybe, just maybe, the coaches are putting together the best overall o-line that they can

Not sure common sense and logic are allowed in this thread board Apis... :roflmao:

I know, sill me. BTW I fixed for you

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

it's the line they feel gives them the best five on the field this fall.

Would you look at that? :D

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

it's the line they feel gives them the best five on the field this fall.

Would you look at that? :D

I know. That's why I posted it.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Williams better be the shiznitz!!!!

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

It shows me that the coaches dont have the confidence in edwards or Martin to step in at guard

Edwards has the size, but he's never had much else. He's one of the last vestiges of Leavitt's form of recruiting offensive linemen--have them walk-on.