• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Building Tradition at USF: Anything Being Implemented?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

and now that they've pretty much officially eliminated the original Brahma Bull in favor of a more spanish type bull I doubt it's going anywhere.

There's no live bull even on the table due to liability reasons and TSA having a stick up its ass. So I'm curious about where you're even getting this information from?

Not sure what you're getting at... I know we're never going to have a live bull at RJS... I was addressing that. I was addressing the change of mascot by the university from the original historical Brahma bull to the more Spanish looking bull they're transitioning to.

Right, where are you getting that the university is transitioning from a Brahma to a Spanish bull? I've never heard of such a thing. The closest thing that resembles "Spanish anything" is the running of the bulls ceremony that's done prior to kick off.

Trip had part of it... but the bull statues outside in the fountain between the MC and bookstore, the new bull in the live wall display in the muma center.... any new sculpture, picture or image of a bull at USF is now the dark colored bull that I can only remember seeing in bull fights. Be it coincidence or not, the chance seemed to occur around the time they started the running of the bulls at the FB games.

They're definitely not the grey/smokey brahma bull that was historically the mascot for USF. This is a big part of my grind with running of the bulls... it has no connection to the history of USF or to the type of bull that has been the historical mascot at USF. It would appear that instead of fixing the entrance they've just decided the change the mascot. It wouldn't surprise me to see the rockey costume go to a dark fur at some point soon.

Not all the bull fight bulls are dark. We are the Bulls. No color. Don't get racial. :GoBulls:

running_of_the_bulls_disaster.jpg

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692

and now that they've pretty much officially eliminated the original Brahma Bull in favor of a more spanish type bull I doubt it's going anywhere.

There's no live bull even on the table due to liability reasons and TSA having a stick up its ass. So I'm curious about where you're even getting this information from?

Not sure what you're getting at... I know we're never going to have a live bull at RJS... I was addressing that. I was addressing the change of mascot by the university from the original historical Brahma bull to the more Spanish looking bull they're transitioning to.

Right, where are you getting that the university is transitioning from a Brahma to a Spanish bull? I've never heard of such a thing. The closest thing that resembles "Spanish anything" is the running of the bulls ceremony that's done prior to kick off.

5507212757_094d333692.jpg

This is technically not even a Bull, it is a cow. No Winky.

I thought they would have fixed the giraffe neck by now.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Interesting side note ... when I typed in "Tamplona", the auto spell checker gave me only one option to correct it ... amputation. :huh:

For the record, that is your browser's spell checker. If there were an official non-human spell checker for TBP, "Tamplona" would be properly accounted for in the dictionary.

WELCOME TO TAMPLONA!!

:)

• Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

Shortly after the University's inception in 1956, a contest was held that would determine the University's mascot. Among the finalists were the Golden Brahman, the Olympian, the Cougar, the Buccaneer, and the Golden Eagle, and the Golden Brahman was ultimately selected and unveiled as the mascot on November 17, 1962.[1][2]

The USF athletics teams were known as the Golden Brahmans until the earlier 1980s, when the name was simplified to the Bulls. At the start of the 2004 football season, the current iteration of the Rocky mascot costume was unveiled.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_the_Bull

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

OCS

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

How about this for tradition: Get to the game before Kick off to watch the Band do the pregame show, acutally sit, cheer and watch the game, Dont leave until the game is over.

Hate seeing the empty stadium before kickoff, have fans walk in front of me during the entire 1st qt to get to thier seats(than get up 50 times during the game to get beer and go to the BR) Than leave in the middle of the 4th qt..

SHOW UP STAY AND SUPPORT THE TEAM

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Interesting side note ... when I typed in "Tamplona", the auto spell checker gave me only one option to correct it ... amputation. :huh:

For the record, that is your browser's spell checker. If there were an official non-human spell checker for TBP, "Tamplona" would be properly accounted for in the dictionary.

WELCOME TO TAMPLONA!!

:)

Ah, so everybody in here doesn't get the red squiggly lines underneath words?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

No. In fact I think the recent versikn of IE (or the one before it) does not have spell check.

Welcum tu Tamplona!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

No. In fact I think the recent versikn of IE (or the one before it) does not have spell check.

That explains so much .... I went to Google Chrome because everything seemed to work smoother and the spell check is a bonus.

Welcum tu Tamplona!

That is the worst attempt at Spanish I have seen ... ever.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078

How about this for tradition: Get to the game before Kick off to watch the Band do the pregame show, acutally sit, cheer and watch the game, Dont leave until the game is over.

Hate seeing the empty stadium before kickoff, have fans walk in front of me during the entire 1st qt to get to thier seats(than get up 50 times during the game to get beer and go to the BR) Than leave in the middle of the 4th qt..

SHOW UP STAY AND SUPPORT THE TEAM

Eveyone should follow the rules of conduct as far as getting back to your seat like the hockey fans do. It seems like everyone is walking around while the action is going on and then a timeout occurs and noone is moving, LOL.