• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The life of a Chattanooga fan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

I am a realist first of all. I am also a former player at UTC. And you can believe me or not believe me, but this is the first year in 10 or more years that I have felt good about this Chattanooga team. Chattanooga's program was destroyed because coach after coach kept leaving this program for bigger jobs and it finally caught up with us. For the first time, we have a coach, whom is a former player at Chattanooga and former defensive coordinator of the Div 1AA National Champions Richmond Spiders. They were so successful that not only Coach Huesman left but also head coach Mike London left to become head coach at Virginia. Russ also had a son that was solid Div 1 recruit at quarterback with offers on the table from many Div 1 programs but chose to attend Chattanooga and play under his dad and will be a freshman this year Jacob Huesman. Russ Huesman has now had 3 or 4 years to recruit and get the guys he wants and I am telling you, you will see a sound football team on the field. I am not sitting here proclaiming that this team will beat you guys, but I am warning you, this is a better football team that what shows on paper. They have a very dangerous threat at quarterback that will introduced to college football on the opener with you guys. This Robinson kid has wheels. I have not felt this good about a season in a long time, but I will guarantee you this, this Chattanooga team will fight you and will not lay down on you guys. They have some good players on this team, a few from SEC/ACC type programs. I expect Chattanooga to win 8 or 9 games this season and be in the playoffs for Div 1 FCS . And I will say this, after many disasterous years, it is nice to finally have a little hope going into the season. I played for Chattanooga in the late 80s and early 90s under Coach Buddy Nix who is now General Manager of the Buffalo Bills. This was the last years that this Chattanooga program had any fight to them, but I honestly think these guys will be better. Im sure you guys have the better and faster players, I just wanted to give you some honest feedback from a Moc fan about our team. I reside just above the Florida line in Dothan, Alabama. I am from SE Alabama originally.

Just to give you a little information on the Southern Conference. For an FCS ( Football Championship Series Div. 1) conference, the Southern Conference is the cream of the crop. Appalachian State, Georgia Southern, Furman, Citadel ( have modern day wins over South Carolina and Arkansas) and Wofford has gotten very competitive of late. The teams listed have and will slip up on bigger teams every now and then.

As for Chattanooga, it is a beautiful urban city with a very scenic and vigorous nightlife that is nestled at the foot of Lookout Mountain . The city is surrounded by mountains and the Tennessee River runs right through the Chattanooga campus. It was a great place to go to school and dont let this pics I saw on this forum fool you, there are lots of beautiful ladies at UTC. I am right above Panama City and Destin Florida, so trust me, I am qualified for my opinion on this.

Sorry to bore you guys and gals, but from one moc fan I wish you guys the best of luck. I hope neither teams suffer any injuries. I will be attending the game and I look forward to it. May the better team win, Im out..take care..........

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Thanks for stopping by. Perhaps you can become a closet Bulls fan, we are always looking for more support. :D

I really don't see an upset coming, but I would like to see your kids make it a game. It would be great to see the team pushed in the opener.

As for our Bulls, the team doesn't (at this point) have as many established stars as some of our past teams that put several guys into the NFL. On the other hand, I am almost convinced this is the deepest team we've ever had here. I would like to see that show up on the field this year, and I am cautiously optimistic. Honestly, this is the first year I feel like we have BCS level quality players at least two deep at every position.

Early season games down here can be brutally hot. That will ultimately give us the insurmountable edge in this game as we'll have more depth to work with and we've been practicing in the heat. But keep in mind as a fan that you will also want to be well hydrated. I hope you show up early for the tailgating and enjoy your time down here in Florida.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Our crappy team put up like a thousand yards on utep last year and we return all the key positions.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Have an aunt that lives on the ridge overlooking Chattanooga. Beautiful city!!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm with Data on every point he made. I'm ok with a test for about a quarter and a half at most - I'll be worried if we're not comfortably ahead at half time, but I would like to see the opposing team giving it their best shot against our boys.

Thanks for stopping by. I've had the pleasure of going through Chattanooga on several occasions, but haven't stayed there for any length of time, it's always been on the way to another destination. It is a beautiful city though. One of my coworkers grew up in a house at the top of Signal Mountain. Cool thing about that mountain is that when you first get into Chattanooga, you look to the left, and you can see Lookout Mountain running in a straight line towards the north or so, and then the bluff heads down and appears to cross with another mountain, almost making an X. That other mountain, I believe, is Signal Mountain. It's pretty cool to see when you're driving in on I-75.

Enjoy Tampa, stay there for several nights, there are plenty of things to do, on pretty much any level of fun you want to have. Still will be beach weather, I would recommend checking out one of the local beaches at night if you get a chance.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  574

My wife went to Elon, so I am very familiar with the Southern Conference.

Saying that, this game should not be close. This is a senior laden team that has a chip on their shoulder after last year.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Should be a typical Bulls home opener... the FCS team will come out strong for the first quarter, then we will start to get some big plays and before you know it the game will be in the bag.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7

Hey man, thanks to the most of you, I look forward to coming down to Tampa..One of my buddies from my hometown here in South Bama is a prominent lawyer in the Tampa area and I hope and plan to stay in his condo in Clearwater. I look forward to checking USF off of the bucket list of college football venues that I have been to across the country. I hope you guys have a great season. Looking forward to it .

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Should be a typical Bulls home opener... the FCS team will come out strong for the first quarter, then we will start to get some big plays and before you know it the game will be in the bag.

It's like ground hogs day every year... you are right