• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jordan Prestwood, OL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

OT, but how do we do with Jefferson HS?  I know one of their coaches that played for USF wasn't a big fan of Leavitt's.

cant remember too many recruits from there. Maybe SANJAY would know. Popek is from Plant City, hope he can get in prestwoods ear a bit.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Popek is the only one I recall USF really going after.  There was a LB/DE named Denzel Drone who really wanted to be at USF in 2009 but ended up at Michigan State.  2009 class had Giddins, Forte and Barrington so the staff was not as high on Drone.  Drone had a teammate, whose name escapes me, who ended up at Wake Forest.  In county PC is not on the level of Armwood, Plant or Hillsborough in producing talent but better than others like my poor alma mater King.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

In county PC is not on the level of Armwood, Plant or Hillsborough in producing talent but better than others like my poor alma mater King.

Lions are having a nice little year, relatively speaking of course, including breaking the 22 year TBT curse ...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Wow, I haven't kept up with King (my alma mater also)!!  A 22 year curse to TBT?  Losing to TBT was unheard of when I was there.

Wow, I haven't kept up with King (my alma mater also)!!  A 22 year curse to TBT?  Losing to TBT was unheard of when I was there.

C/o 93. 

c/o 84

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

Class of 1971 - Are you going to the 50yr Reunion? Late October?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Class of 1971 - Are you going to the 50yr Reunion? Late October?

Here's a little write-up about it:

TEMPLE TERRACE - King High graduates appear to have a plethora of pride in their alma mater.

At least that was the prevailing sense of spirit for their school at the Temple Terrace Golf & Country Club on Aug. 31 during a kickoff pizza party in preparation for the school's 50 Years of Pride birthday celebration slated for Oct. 28-30.

"While we were hoping for 20 to 30 people to show up, I counted about 60 enthusiastic people in attendance," said David Long, a Class of '68 graduate and chairman of the commemoration of the school's 1960 founding.

Among the crowd was Principal Carla Bruning, Temple Terrace City Manager Kim Leinbach, Mayor Joe Affronti and council members Ron Govin, Mary Jane Neale and Alison Fernandez.

Committee members Gwen Provenzano Mora, Class of '65; Linda Kautz Barrington, Class of '65; Debbie Farr Jackson, Class of '73; Billy McPhillips, Class of '73; and Joey Affronti, Class of '84, were there to welcome guests, hand out fliers and field questions about the birthday bash.

The celebration will kick off on campus at 5 p.m. Oct. 28 prior to the school's homecoming gamewith a $10-per-person barbecue dinner. Tickets must be purchased in advance.

A pre-game show will follow at 7 p.m. that will include a parade of graduates, wearing their 50 Years of Pride T-shirts and walking behind their appropriate student-designed banners designating the various decades represented. The shirts, which are price at $10 and $14, may be ordered in advance.

The school's annual Wall of Pride inductees' ceremony, which recognizes graduates who have made a significant contribution to the community, will take place during half time.

Oct. 29 is being labeled "King for a Day" and will begin with the Lion's Pride luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Temple Terrace Country Club. Tampa Mayor Pam Iorio, a King graduate, will be the keynote speaker and the Wall of Pride recipients will again be honored. The cost is $30 and tickets should be pre-purchased.

The day also will include a nine-hole golf scramble from 3 to 6 p.m. Cost is $50 per person.

That evening a meet-and-greet from 6 to 9 p.m. at the country club will include a poolside buffet. Guests also have the option of ordering from the menu and eating in the main dining room, but reservations are required. Tables filled with KHS memorabilia will be scattered about for graduates to view and reminisce about their high school years.

Proceeds from the events will be used to renovate the school's weight room, which Bruning said is just as it was when the school first opened.

On Oct 30 from 10 a.m. to noon King students will provide on-campus tours and guests will be treated to a formal ceremony in the cafeteria complete with speakers, performances by school groups and a birthday cake prepared by students in King's culinary arts program.

Different events that evening will culminate the homecoming weekend and are being planned by alumni groups. Individual class organizers will contact their classmates.

"I have the feeling our community does not know about all the wonderful accomplishments at King, especially under the leadership of Carla Bruning. We are one of the top schools in our nation," Mora said. "And I'm really excited. Seeing people I've not seen in a long time will be so much fun."

Details are consistently being updated on Facebook and can be accessed on the KHS 50th Birthday Celebration page.

For information, e-mail Long at david

@businessinkprinting.com or Mora at gmora12@verizon.net.

http://northeast2.tbo.com/content/2010/sep/08/king-grads-ready-for-50/news/

Unfortunately not.  Work requires me to be in Lauderdale that weekend.

Nope. Not going.  Graduated with Joey Affronti.