• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

South Florida vs Nevada

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  48
  • Days Won:  0

Welcome to the board and I'm looking forward to this game. I'm glad you don't have that Colin kid anymore however....I think he would have given us fits!

Our new QB, Cody Fajardo is a playmaker as well. My understanding is he is further ahead in his passing skills then Colin was at this point in his career. He's deadly accurate. In the spring game he was 19-22 and those three misses were due to passes being dropped. Last year he only threw for 6 tds and had 6 interceptions. But he was a freshman. He also ran for 10 (I think) touchdowns. He did have some durability issues last year, he missed te Boise game and the final game along with various series in all the other games but didn't start until the 5th game last year and didn't play any meaningful time until our 3rd game against Texas Tech. He's put on some weight and has a season under his belt, so that will help. We were good last year but could have been a lot better. If Cody had some more experience we probably would have finished last year 11-2 instead of 7-6, we lost 4 games we shouldn't have (7 points or less).

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Understand you hired a guy from Hawaii with Run & Shoot experience. What kind of offense will you have?

How's the rest of your offense?

Understand you hired a guy from Hawaii with Run & Shoot experience. What kind of offense will you have?

How's the rest of your offense?

We're still going to run the pistol and are going to be a run first team. But bringing on Rolovich adds a new dimension to our offense. Our QB doesn't really have the arm strength for long downhill passes. I'd expect to see a lot more swing passes this year. Our WR corp isn't very deep so we'll probably run a lot of 2 TE sets. But Rolovich is an offensive genius and Ault hired him to be the offensive coordinator/QB coach. For Ault that's a huge thing as he's traditionally been the QB Coach/OC. Here's a really good writeup on Rolovich coming to Nevada.

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Going to be a challenge. You have a team that is very capable of winning.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I think our speed will make this game a lot of fun....

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

I have to go to a stupid bachelor party in Tampa that weekend (flying in from San Antonio). Any recommendations on where to watch the game in Tampa that weekend? Totally pissed about not being in Nevada as that would be my away game road trip.

Selmon's

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

Well Mugtang, I'll be in your fair city this Wed. Because of this trip won't be making the return trip in Sept. Been to Aces games in the past (and loved it) but don't think we'll get there this year.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I would love to be going but my husbands pacemaker surgery has changed those plans, no worries though, we will watch on the TV.

Well Mugtang, I'll be in your fair city this Wed. Because of this trip won't be making the return trip in Sept. Been to Aces games in the past (and loved it) but don't think we'll get there this year.

The Aces are a lot of fun. It's a beautiful ballpark. It's a shame you won't be able to make it out in September though. Just a heads up there's a big fire to the north of us so smoke has been coming into the city the past few days, it's nasty.

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I would love to be going but my husbands pacemaker surgery has changed those plans, no worries though, we will watch on the TV.

Surgery went well I trust