• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hotz talks about OCS

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

The best thing Coach Holtz can do to make this a reality is to win the BE Championship this year and then a BCS Bowl.

This will definitely take us to the next level.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I was watching the Olympics and was just wondering, what might have happened if Florida 2012 were successful? This would be a moot point, because we'd probably get a stadium from it.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I was watching the Olympics and was just wondering, what might have happened if Florida 2012 were successful? This would be a moot point, because we'd probably get a stadium from it.

It would have bankrupt Tampa, seriously.

But I believe the favored plan was to build Olympic stadium close to RJS and take it apart when done. It was so long ago.

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

For crying out loud, get the USF MBA students to do a cost analysis on a stadium with size, revenue, and payback.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

If they're doing a feasibility study I'm betting there is some strong donor interest already... As for a design we should take what FAU did and go bigger. FAU has club areas for those that require it and bench seating for students and average joe fans who just want to support the team and watch football. It's well constructed and built to be expanded.

NO!

You do realize that FAU stadium is the exact base design as UCF's stadium, except with A FEW upgrades?

No... It's not. Look, with the current price for concrete there is no way on OCS will be all concrete like Rjs... It's just not feasible... That being said, FAU's stadium has huge concrete concourses along with 2 different levels of club area. It's far and above Ucf's. I just said we should start there... Not build an exact replica.

I think he is confused with FIU's which is the replica of UCF's except a horseshoe instead of a full bowl.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

The best thing Coach Holtz can do to make this a reality is to win the BE Championship this year and then a BCS Bowl.

This will definitely take us to the next level.

Exactly. This will also bring back the fan base, local support, and most importantly donors who have been upset with the performance or lack of BE Championship. Boosters feel A LOT more comfortable forking over seven and eight figure checks when the program is running on all cylinders (after a championship and big bowl win).

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

A bowl type would be my preference. Having said that, I like Doak better than the Swamp. The Swamp is tacky with the Orange everywhere and the paining on those large walls where they were pieced together. I know Doak is mostly an erector set on the inside, but its absolutely beautiful with the brick facade on the outside. It looks built as one, not pieced together. Regardless, USF needs to start planning for this, and it looks like they have begun.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Greg, any info on this from athletics? You're the inside man, get us some inside info :D

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

It would have bankrupt Tampa, seriously.

But I believe the favored plan was to build Olympic stadium close to RJS and take it apart when done. It was so long ago.

Very true!