• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hotz talks about OCS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

This is what worries me about an OCS:

Last year, the Tampa Sports Authority operated at a 5 million dollar loss. Looking at the report, it looks like most of the revenue and expenses come from RJS. I'm not really sure why there are no numbers for the golf courses that are managed by TSA. I would expect similar losses for our own stadium.

http://www.tampaspor...-FY14-Draft.pdf

I don't know much about TSA but why would they have anything to do with a stadium on campus that is considered state land and not taxed by the state? Sorry if this sounds ignorant.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

Ok for those of us that were at both fsu and the uf game thoughts on both stadiums just curious?

I didn't make it to FSU... If UF would have had water I would have been fine... I find it interesting how they built it and the pieces fit together... lends to the tradition. The seats at UF were wide and plenty of leg room.

I'm a Gator Hater anyway, but I'll never forgive UF for running out of water AND ICE at a noon game in early September. That was bush league to the core. I'm lucky I didn't go to the hospital or have to get medical treatment during that game - I know lots of people did.

I blacked out in that visitor section. More and more USF fans were sneaking into the section, adding to what was already unbearable.

Since we're jumping off subject, that first game at UCF was bad on many !

Forgot about that one hahah total frying pan too! Not to mention bounce house. That thing is going to fall down!

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716

Last year, the Tampa Sports Authority operated at a 5 million dollar loss. Looking at the report, it looks like most of the revenue and expenses come from RJS. I'm not really sure why there are no numbers for the golf courses that are managed by TSA. I would expect similar losses for our own stadium.

I don't know much about TSA but why would they have anything to do with a stadium on campus that is considered state land and not taxed by the state? Sorry if this sounds ignorant.

TSA has nothing to do with our stadium. I was just using the RJS financials as a rough measuring stick for what we could expect to see, financially.

TSA has nothing to do with our stadium. I was just using the RJS financials as a rough measuring stick for what we could expect to see, financially.

Ahh ok got it. Thanks.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

needs to be minnesota / bayloresque

I agree with this. At least on par with our baseball field seating. Bleachers suck and should only be for endzone seating or nosebleeds.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

The best thing Coach Holtz can do to make this a reality is to win the BE Championship this year and then a BCS Bowl.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

If they're doing a feasibility study I'm betting there is some strong donor interest already... As for a design we should take what FAU did and go bigger. FAU has club areas for those that require it and bench seating for students and average joe fans who just want to support the team and watch football. It's well constructed and built to be expanded.

NO!

You do realize that FAU stadium is the exact base design as UCF's stadium, except with A FEW upgrades?

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Ok for those of us that were at both fsu and the uf game thoughts on both stadiums just curious?

Went to both and here's how I felt about the Swamp and Doak.

The Swamp is older and it shows, but at the same time, I felt like it was the better stadium. To me, Doak felt like it was like an older version of UCF's, except sturdier, bigger, and having a very nice facade built onto it. The major drawback to the Swamp is that it has no air flow at all, being built into the ground and then being built vertically. If I had to pick one stadium, I would take the Swamp. Of course, I'm not taking into consideration any of the problems such as running out of ice. (side note: I still believe it should be Florida law that college football games in August and September are not allowed to begin before 6:00pm)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442

If they're doing a feasibility study I'm betting there is some strong donor interest already... As for a design we should take what FAU did and go bigger. FAU has club areas for those that require it and bench seating for students and average joe fans who just want to support the team and watch football. It's well constructed and built to be expanded.

NO!

You do realize that FAU stadium is the exact base design as UCF's stadium, except with A FEW upgrades?

No... It's not. Look, with the current price for concrete there is no way on OCS will be all concrete like Rjs... It's just not feasible... That being said, FAU's stadium has huge concrete concourses along with 2 different levels of club area. It's far and above Ucf's. I just said we should start there... Not build an exact replica.