• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2013 Forward Demetrius Henry

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

This team takes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many 3 pointers. Especially considering the fact that Noriega is out. We started to come back last night when Rudd and Poland were slashing to the basket. I have literally no idea why we dont do this more. Instead, we burn 33 seconds of the shot clock to put up a garbage 3. Beyond frustrating. I would think that guys like Henry, Price, Ebungu, etc. can see that if they were on this team, our offense would be completely different. Heath is doing the best he can with most of his players playing out of position

I truly hope this is the case, because the alternative - that he really sucks as an offensive coach - doesn't bear thinking about.

C'mon Mr. Henry, get yourself to USF and re-write the Big Man chapter here!

You piqued my interest.. so much so that I created an Excel spreadsheet!

post-9400-0-72449100-1359055173_thumb.pn

Looking back, I probably should've included records.. Ah well.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

This team takes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many 3 pointers. Especially considering the fact that Noriega is out. We started to come back last night when Rudd and Poland were slashing to the basket. I have literally no idea why we dont do this more. Instead, we burn 33 seconds of the shot clock to put up a garbage 3. Beyond frustrating. I would think that guys like Henry, Price, Ebungu, etc. can see that if they were on this team, our offense would be completely different. Heath is doing the best he can with most of his players playing out of position

I truly hope this is the case, because the alternative - that he really sucks as an offensive coach - doesn't bear thinking about.

C'mon Mr. Henry, get yourself to USF and re-write the Big Man chapter here!

You piqued my interest.. so much so that I created an Excel spreadsheet!

attachicon.gifppg.png

Looking back, I probably should've included records.. Ah well.

So we're 10-12 points below Heath's potential.

In a weird way, that's good news. A couple more top players (low-post, rebounder, natural shooter) and we're on the verge of some decent continuing success.

Fingers-crossed1.jpg

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

We are majorly lacking big men. We get outrebounded just about every game and usually not by a small margin!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Heath hasnt shown that he is a light the board up with 80 ppg kind of guy. Maybe that is because he has never had that kind of firepower, but as last year proved, we dont need a high flying offense to win. Again though, these recruits would be foolish to think that we wouldnt be much more dynamic offensively if they were here. We basically have Ray Allen playing Center right now. 

Heath hasnt shown that he is a light the board up with 80 ppg kind of guy. Maybe that is because he has never had that kind of firepower, but as last year proved, we dont need a high flying offense to win. Again though, these recruits would be foolish to think that we wouldnt be much more dynamic offensively if they were here. We basically have Ray Allen playing Center right now. 

You sure?

I thought it was Herve Villechaize...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

You sure?

I thought it was Herve Villechaize...

Herve is a wide body ... We have JJ Walker.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Henry down to three

http://southflorida.247sports.com/Article/Demetrius-Henry-down-to-Miami-South-Carolina-and-South-Florida-115073

It is getting late in the recruiting game for 2013 prospects. One of those prospects, Demetrius Henry, narrowed his list to three schools on Tuesday.

Texas, who offered Henry in December, is off the list. Rutgers, whom he officially visited, is also off the list.

Miami, South Carolina and South Florida are the three schools still in contention for Henry.

"All three of those schools are programs that are on the rise,"

Henry told 247Sports. "I feel like I can be a major help to each of

those programs."

At 6-8, 215-pounds and out of Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Faith

Baptist Christian School, Henry is a quintessential stretch four-man

with his length and ability to shoot the ball. Henry isn’t an

overwhelming athlete but he is good in transition and will chase down

rebounds.

He is the No. 118 ranked prospect by 247Sports and the No. 110 ranked prospect in the 247Composite.

Henry will visit his final three schools in March before signing in April.

Make it happen, Heath!

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

He was at the game tonight with what looked like Niem Stevenson. Looked completely bored but heck I can't blame him with the way we played!

Could go either way - either he says, "F-this, I'm going someplace fun", or he says "I can fix this"

Hope it's the latter