• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East wants bowl for champion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

Can someone explain to me how you can play six division games with six teams in each division? I'm thinking this is a 5-2-1 or 5-1-2 schedule, at least until Navy and Air Force join in 2015.

What we can't play against ourselves...guaranteed win :)

Nah, we'd give up a 50 TD pass in the final seconds...

You are right, especially last year!

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

i highly doubt USF players want to stay at home for a bowl game.

who gives a rat's hiney about where players want to go. It's about money.And trying to rebuild the brand after last years Tater Head debacle.TV TV TV TV

I agree TV should be the most important thing! We need to get a contract with NBC

That is the fulcrum upon which this battle teeters. The media clout of NBC saying "good" things about the Big East quickly will counteract the propaganda dispelled by ESPN and it's ACC lackey's. Ever since we trurned down their measly TV deal we have been the redheaded stepchild. That all ends in September. Big East, meet network TV.
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

who gives a rat's hiney about where players want to go. It's about money.And trying to rebuild the brand after last years Tater Head debacle.TV TV TV TV

I agree TV should be the most important thing! We need to get a contract with NBC

That is the fulcrum upon which this battle teeters. The media clout of NBC saying "good" things about the Big East quickly will counteract the propaganda dispelled by ESPN and it's ACC lackey's. Ever since we trurned down their measly TV deal we have been the redheaded stepchild. That all ends in September. Big East, meet network TV.

Trust me I can't wait...I HATE ESPN!!! Now with the MLB network, NFL network and us hopefully going to NBC I will never have to watch ESPN again

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Can someone explain to me how you can play six division games with six teams in each division? I'm thinking this is a 5-2-1 or 5-1-2 schedule, at least until Navy and Air Force join in 2015.

6-1-1 implies 7-team divisions. Perhaps this was a Freudian slip, and there are some more unannounced expansion candidates?

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

It would be a 5-1-2 model initially, then potentially a 6-1-1 (or 6-1-2) once Navy (and its as-yet-undecided classmate) arrive in 2015.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

That measly TV deal might be more money than we'll get now, and it could have saved the conference...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

NBC is showing what could be done for college football. I'm not sure about Brighthouse, but I have Verizon and we have a channel deidcated to Soccer, and one dedicated to Basketball. Plus all of the other channels that really don't have major weekend programming.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'm all about getting a NBC deal.... We need to differentiate ourselves as much as possible, then it's time to go and pick a fight with the other conferences.... We have to back it up of course, but we need to gain solid footing and just say "bring it"

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

A new bowl game in Florida? Where? Tampa? covered, Miami? covered, Jax? covered, Orlando? covered twice. Don't get me wrong, it will be great to play a "home" bowl game if/when we win the conference.

St. Pete Bowl vs. CUSA? (j/k)

The issue is with a game in Florida, what kind of crowds can the west coast teams bring to a "quasi" bowl game? Will the ACC be willing to play a Big East team, anymore? If so, does the Big East want to concede to the ACC by pinning its champ agains an ACC 3rd or 4th best? Champs Bowl in Orlando would be okay or the Gator. But the Champs isn't played on or around New Years and we're still left with west coast teams and no travelling fanbases from many others. This bowl for the champ isn't going to be easy, if the Big East wants to maintain any decent reputation.

Edited by Goldenbuc