• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Our attendance is actually up about 9000 from last year. Not great, but an improvement. A 9000+ increase for the Rays would be huge. They arent anywhere near the top of the league, but as long as the numbers are going up Im not complaining. We havent been playing well either so there hasnt been much reason to go. They got slaughtered again last night.

Hanley was playing average. Not horrible, but not great. A talent like his should be hitting .300+. We also dont know about any locker room issues, if there were any. After having a spectacular May(best in the league iirc), they have just unraveled completely. Losing Stanton hurts, but everyone has injury. Rays dont have Longo either. I dont have as much of a problem trading Hanley as I do with what we get for him. The Marlins have to be the worst trading front office in history. They prettymuch give away top10 talent for scrubs all the time. It is pathetic. I actually like the trade with Sanchez and Infante. They were great players, but I think we got some good pieces in return. We will see if the Hanley one pans out, but I doubt it.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Attendance is slightly below average, but much better than last year... close to 10,000 more per game.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance

I am in no way endorsing the Marlins or baseball in general. I could care less. South Florida's politicians have once again failed the tax payers and fleeced the Marlins' pockets and probably their own in the process.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,481
  • Days Won:  13

This is far from a firesale. The Sanchez and Infante trade had to be made. We picked up a guy who will be a top of the rotation starter for years to come, we also picked up a good catching prospect. Anibal is a good pitcher but I doubt we would have been able to keep him after this year. Infante was tough to see go, but he is replaceable. The HANLEY MOVE HAD TO BE MADE. Reports out there were that the Marlins offered to pay half of his contract to get a better deal from the A's. The fact that they got the Dodgers to take his entire contract is amazing. The guy has been below average for the last two years and it was not going to work in Miami. He may turn things around in LA. I doubt it though, but if he was ever going to be good again he needed a change of location.

Ownership tried to make it work this year, the plan failed. They are doing what a team that is out of contention should do. I hope they hang onto JJ but if they get the 3B prospect from Texas and a pitcher in return I would be okay with it. I see more moves coming.

Now if the Marlins do not go out and spend money in the offseason then I will be upset. But this current team was not getting it done, no reason not to try something new.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Chipper Jones is pushing Braves mgmt to go after JJ hard. Now that the Dempster deal fell through for us, I'd like to see us make a run at him.

I am okay with a JJ trade if we net a good return, but if they trade him to any NL East team, I am going to be pissed off.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Now if the Marlins do not go out and spend money in the offseason then I will be upset. But this current team was not getting it done, no reason not to try something new.

Spin it how you want, but it's a fire sale. I also hear that they're trying to unload Josh Johnson as well. 1997, 2003, 2012? Smells like another firesale for my Fish.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I am okay with a JJ trade if we net a good return, but if they trade him to any NL East team, I am going to be pissed off.

x2

Spin it how you want, but it's a fire sale. I also hear that they're trying to unload Josh Johnson as well. 1997, 2003, 2012? Smells like another firesale for my Fish.

So what should they do, stay with this terrible team? Hanley is an average player at best. Does he have potential to be great again? Sure, but the guy is a cancer and a .250 hitter with average power. Im glad he is gone.

I think we just need to wait and see what they do with the money saved in the offseason.

JJ will only go if they get alot in return. If they get Mike Olt from Texas I say make the deal otherwise hang onto him.

I hope they find someone willing to take Nolasco. They should also try to move Carlos Lee and maybe Greg Dobbs.