• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Are we feeling good at RB?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Willie Davis with Floyd. And does anyone know about Kemp? Is he a bruiser because he only has 4.7 speed.

There is a long thread with his name on the recruiting board which you might want to look at.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

Anybody thimk we might see Victor Marc get some carries?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Anybody thimk we might see Victor Marc get some carries?

Yes

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Get Murray and Lamar on the field at the same time. With the two of them AND BJ's ability to run, would most likely create at least 1 mismatch somewhere.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  254

Willie Davis with Floyd. And does anyone know about Kemp? Is he a bruiser because he only has 4.7 speed.

Kemp wont be at USF until 2014 (assuming he signs with USF in february).

Kemp will be at USF summer session B 2013.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I think Lamar is going to bust out of the gate. If he stays healthy i think he is capable of being a game breaking back. We have a solid OL coming back and I think the resculpted power version of LL is going to be amazing. I know he is excited about coming back to RB, his natural position. with the extra body strength he has gained offseason, he will be a force to be reckoned with.

I believe he's up to about 182-185 now. That should make him more difficult to throw around, as has been the norm in previous seasons. I'm thinking Mike Pierre and Marcus Shaw are going to be dark horses in the backfield.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I love Lindsey's speed. Let's get it in the open field.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185

Personally I think Lamar at 180lbs in our offense can be dangerous on any down. I've said it before but go back and watch his HS film, the kid loves running between the tackles and has the quickness/vision to play RB out of the shotgun on 1st-3rd down. It will allow us to open up the field and give our WR's better matchups and QB more space. The only question is his blocking ability but at that weight plus his heart he can easily learn how to hip check these DE's to give his QB more time. If its a DT then he'll have to play it cheap and take his legs out but to me that's not cheap but more expected/accepted than a 305lb OL doing that.

From his films he thrives off of the draw play which would really open up our Offense allowing BJ to utilize the fake, running a bootleg or rolling out to make a pass. The great thing about it is the Safeties would have to respect Lamar's break away speed and somewhat stay home allowing for more space and if they don't then Lamar will run circles around the DL, LB and Saf. as he has the superior speed and quickness, with the DB's backpeddling and him running like a track star!

I am curious to see MIke and hope he turns out well but I truly feel Lamar being a Sr. wants to go out on top and he knows he has the ability and isn't afraid to take a hit. He could have easily gained this weight last yr but I'm guessing he thought one more yr to test the waters(possible NFL potenial maybe?)and still run track but now it's showtime and he knows it. He isn't built like Noel Devine but look at what that kind of speed in a spread Offense can do and he could out run Noel, probably Rainey and be close to Demps who are all similar in size but Lamar would be in an offense that actually works with a RB that size. Being a local kid, staying home and busting his arse this offseason I'm hope everything comes through for him. I know its not a fairytale world we live in but even just seeing the Sr.'s and their growth this yr shows me how bad they want to make us all proud. I had high expectations last yr but not as high as this yr considering the large Sr. class and if they don't perform I know they tried their hardest to improve. In some cases like Lamar switched positions to one that he will never even get a blink at in the NFL! Sometimes we need to understand that these kids still have that dream to make it and some of them end up making changes that are for the better good(team) than themselves. I think this is the case with Lamar.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I'm hoping that another JUCO Player named "Pierre" has as much success here as that other guy with the same last name.

http://articles.orla...-michael-pierre

i dont have high hopes for pierre... at all...

Perhaps, you didn't see this recently.

555924_4377665044498_228032247_n.jpg

-- Running back Mike Pierre started classes at the start of summer, six weeks before the fall newcomers, and Fitch has liked the initial impressions he's made. "When he came in, he wasn't quite in as good a shape, which they never are, but he fought through it, caught up with our guys," Fitch said. "With the summer, it's more about the players, their chemistry and their attitude. After two weeks of Mike being here, Sam Barrington of all people walked up to me and said 'I really like that guy. I think he's going to be a good player for us.' Like anything, your peers know about you more than anything we do. That's interesting to hear that a linebacker comes up and says something about a running back."

-- This could just be Fitch motivating backups to work harder, but he mentioned that several Bulls who have played as true freshmen have redshirts available -- if Floyd were the top backup, Eveld could take a redshirt; he also mentioned running backs Marcus Shaw, Pierre and even Lindsey Lamar if they weren't in line for significant playing time. "If you're going to get 10 plays a game, why waste a year?" Fitch asked. He didn't mention tight end Tye Turner, but he's another candidate.

http://www.tampabay....y-every-game-12

i saw that... i still don't have high expectations

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I'm hoping that another JUCO Player named "Pierre" has as much success here as that other guy with the same last name.

http://articles.orla...-michael-pierre

i dont have high hopes for pierre... at all...

Perhaps, you didn't see this recently.

555924_4377665044498_228032247_n.jpg

-- Running back Mike Pierre started classes at the start of summer, six weeks before the fall newcomers, and Fitch has liked the initial impressions he's made. "When he came in, he wasn't quite in as good a shape, which they never are, but he fought through it, caught up with our guys," Fitch said. "With the summer, it's more about the players, their chemistry and their attitude. After two weeks of Mike being here, Sam Barrington of all people walked up to me and said 'I really like that guy. I think he's going to be a good player for us.' Like anything, your peers know about you more than anything we do. That's interesting to hear that a linebacker comes up and says something about a running back."

-- This could just be Fitch motivating backups to work harder, but he mentioned that several Bulls who have played as true freshmen have redshirts available -- if Floyd were the top backup, Eveld could take a redshirt; he also mentioned running backs Marcus Shaw, Pierre and even Lindsey Lamar if they weren't in line for significant playing time. "If you're going to get 10 plays a game, why waste a year?" Fitch asked. He didn't mention tight end Tye Turner, but he's another candidate.

http://www.tampabay....y-every-game-12

i saw that... i still don't have high expectations

yeah, all those football people. They are so "out to lunch" They pay so much attention to stats and performance as opposed to "i still don't have high expectations". Pretty sure that's not gonna be the final arbitrator. Edited by Bullwinkle