• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton, QB, Tampa Wharton HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Who's the receiver with the headband? Kid has SKILLS.

I was thinking the same thing.....the kid is very impressive to say the least.

It was Artavis Scott. Check the Instagram link below.

@BigCountyPreps1: Artavis Scott, East Lake 2014 WR committed to #clemson tonight. Our #1 2014 prospect and first team… http://t.co/WrEIQS4DIJ

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Every #USF fan needs to show @K_Gibson_G so love and get him on board for the 14' class !!! help us build a dynasty bro !! #USF14'

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Every #USF fan needs to show @K_Gibson_G so love and get him on board for the 14' class !!! help us build a dynasty bro !! #USF14'

kyle gibson would be the cherry on an already well iced cake. He really needs to stay home and become part of THE DREAM TEAM!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

So our QB's next year will look like...

Steven Bench - JR

Matt Floyd - R.JR

Mike White - SOPH or R.FR

Chase Litton - FR

With that group, I'd expect Floyd to possibly transfer out if he doesn't get the starting nod this year and Bench secures it with solid play. We should also be able to cut ties with any QB walk-ons.

Um, no.  Most D I programs like to keep five scholly QBs on the roster.  Or at least four with at least two walk ons.  Having only three QBs is the ridiculous crap that Leavitt started and Holtz was unable to correct.  That isn't how a big time program operates.  Floyd may leave, but if he does Taggart will likely bring in another QB.  I'd expect to always have at least four scholly QBs and a walk on at a minimum.

That was for next offseason. I'd expect him to recruit a QB for the 2015 class, leaving us with four scholarship QB's and maybe one walk on (Eveld's brother).

I was referring to the statement that it would be ok if Floyd were to leave and then we could cut the rest of our walkon QBs.  The poster believes we'd go with three QBs on the roster total for next year.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

Wow. That's really cool that he's still considering USF pretty strongly.

A while ago I sat down and took a look at all of the quarterbacks that had been talked about around here as potential recruits. I never in a million years thought USF would get both Tyler Harris and Chase Litton because they're too similar in quality and style...but they were the top two quarterbacks in my eyes. And that included guys like Sean White and Michael O'Connor, Wanky Flowers and Alin Edouard.

What a coup it would be to pull both guys in. I love Chase Litton but I like Tyler Harris just as much. Reminds me of Jay Cutler.

If Harris committed I don't know if Litton would stay committed. It looked like Litton was going to look elsewhere when Flowers committed to us. Flowers left then Litton immediately hopped aboard. I don't think he's a fan of competition, especially from a comparable QB.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

A while ago I sat down and took a look at all of the quarterbacks that had been talked about around here as potential recruits. I never in a million years thought USF would get both Tyler Harris and Chase Litton because they're too similar in quality and style...but they were the top two quarterbacks in my eyes. And that included guys like Sean White and Michael O'Connor, Wanky Flowers and Alin Edouard.

What a coup it would be to pull both guys in. I love Chase Litton but I like Tyler Harris just as much. Reminds me of Jay Cutler.

If Harris committed I don't know if Litton would stay committed. It looked like Litton was going to look elsewhere when Flowers committed to us. Flowers left then Litton immediately hopped aboard. I don't think he's a fan of competition, especially from a comparable QB.

I'm not sure I really see any basis for this. What exactly made you think he had scratched USF off the list when Wanky Flowers committed? All indications are the Flowers episode actually sped Litton up on his timeline.

You could say that's because Flowers decommitted, but Flowers isn't really out of the picture even now. He may have pulled off his initial commitment because of his brother, but he's still got USF on the mind and hasn't committed anywhere else.

A while ago I sat down and took a look at all of the quarterbacks that had been talked about around here as potential recruits. I never in a million years thought USF would get both Tyler Harris and Chase Litton because they're too similar in quality and style...but they were the top two quarterbacks in my eyes. And that included guys like Sean White and Michael O'Connor, Wanky Flowers and Alin Edouard.

If Harris committed I don't know if Litton would stay committed. It looked like Litton was going to look elsewhere when Flowers committed to us. Flowers left then Litton immediately hopped aboard. I don't think he's a fan of competition, especially from a comparable QB.

I'm not sure I really see any basis for this. What exactly made you think he had scratched USF off the list when Wanky Flowers committed? All indications are the Flowers episode actually sped Litton up on his timeline.

You could say that's because Flowers decommitted, but Flowers isn't really out of the picture even now. He may have pulled off his initial commitment because of his brother, but he's still got USF on the mind and hasn't committed anywhere else.

He intimated "Well that changes things" on twitter once Flowers committed. I wouldn't even call it an intimation. It was rather obvious that he was going to look elsewhere.

I'm just saying it might loosen his commitment if we got another top-notch QB in the stable. The guy wants to start and, if there is a legitimate chance that he won't, he may opt to go to a school where he has the best shot at seeing the field.