• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton, QB, Tampa Wharton HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

From what I'm sensing, the Willie Taggart effect on recruiting is pretty real. It's not some imagined phenomenon manufactured by optimistic fans and the media who cater to them. He has an effect on these recruits.

Naturally the mystique will diminish once he loses some games in 2013. Things may be looking up in the future but at present I'm still worried like hell about the QB situation, and the backbone of a Taggart offense is the power offense and I'm still not sure that's built to sustain itself through the season. Games will be lost. He needs to strike while the iron is hot and pull in these commitments now.

Have to respectfully disagree with your assessment.  If Holtz did anything right, he recruited O-line.  We do not need a superior running back.  As matter of fact we were quite successful running with Coach  Skippy.  It is when he got behind and the defense could not hold games that it broke down.  So I say having Bench Manage the game and score three touchdowns is all we need. This team is about defense.  There will be close games but I believe with our defense we are poised to win 9 games in this year. Yes you heard it here first. I am more concerned about losing to Cincinnati than I am Michigan St.  Other than that I really think we have a chance to win every other game.  Defense is where I am putting my hat on this year.  The offense will be average at worst and stellar at best. The Defense will be awesome. Dbacks do not matter as much when the Dline is penetrating every time.

Have to agree with Bullrush33

I think we could have been way more competitive last year than the coaching allowed. 

do we forget that the almighty Louisville last year was a very close game? http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2012/10/20/3531716/louisville-usf-2012-score-results

Just two years ago we only lost 1 game by more than a score. We have the players capable of making a decent if not great season we just need the right motivation and direction. I am buying into Taggart and I think we are going to do good things this year. Sadly our competition this year is taking a step back and I can see us realistically going 6-7 wins, and possibly even 8. Only time will tell but I can't wait for our Bulls to take the field. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

do we forget that the almighty Louisville last year was a very close game? http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2012/10/20/3531716/louisville-usf-2012-score-results

And on the other side of that coin, our team also made Ball State and Temple look like soon-to-be-former Big East powerhouse Lousiville. Skippy got out coached in both of those games. But I will give credit, Shankweiler did a good job of stocking our offensive line.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

And on the other side of that coin, our team also made Ball State and Temple look like soon-to-be-former Big East powerhouse Lousiville. Skippy got out coached in both of those games. But I will give credit, Shankweiler did a good job of stocking our offensive line.

Shank was one of the only coaches for the last regime that I liked...that defensive coordinator last year was absolutely garbage.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Shank was one of the only coaches for the last regime that I liked...that defensive coordinator last year was absolutely garbage.

+1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

With what QB?

Cynical question, but I would bet Bench starts and delivers an average season. That said if our defense steps up like expected we won't need a superstar qb. It is a good thing we play football not qb-ball. Otherwise we could just trot Hootie out there and see which qb hits him the most and call it a day. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

FWIW the IMG National Championships are under way and Chase is leading the defending National Champs Team Tampa...

Game 1 - Team Tampa lost to CAM Stars 24-16

Game 2 - Team Tampa beats Gulf Coast BKS 30-20

Game 3 - Team Tampa beats Winning Strategy 39-35

Game 4 - Team Tampa beats Top Gun 33-5

Sounds like Chase is having a pretty good day. Some twitter people are talking about him. I've not seen anything by any writers though. If I'd thought about it, I would've attended.

Chase Litton had Team Tampa off to a slow start against Cam Newton's Cam Stars. The first couple of drives on offense and defense didn't look great and by the time they got going it was too late, dropped the game 24-16.

But then they got going and the Big County Preps guy said it looked like a whole new team against Gulf Coast Mississippi. Said they had their swag back. Beat them 30-20.

Next game against Winning Strategy out of Miami, Litton had a good game. Dropped a bomb to Artavis Scott. The Big County Preps guy said "Chase Litton playing like a MAN. CLUTCH!" They won the game in a thriller 39-35.

Chase Litton then bombed the hell out of Top Gun, winning the game 33-5.

Here is Big County Preps' final quote:

"To wrap it all up, #teamtampa showed FIGHT. They won 3 of 4, but it's how they won! They played with some fire! #img7on7"

Two videos from Big County Preps' facebook page...Chase Litton completing an extra point, and Chase Litton throwing the winning TD pass against Winning Strategy to Artavis Scott.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151529820914024

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151529842644024

He looks GOOD on those throws. Big County Preps is right. That guy looks like a man out there. Some teams are going to regret not giving him a chance.

Edited by ckparrothead

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Litton 'em up!

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Chase was Litton fire!