• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Not coming to BE. Lots of chatter......volume revving up....they will stay. I hope it is all false ......but with no withdrawal from MWC.....you can't help but be very concerned. BE is on the outside ....not just looking in, but on a different island.

Edited by footnfan1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Not coming to BE. Lots of chatter......volume revving up....they will stay. I hope it is all false ......but with no withdrawal from MWC.....you can't help but be very concerned. BE is on the outside ....not just looking in, but on a different island.

That would suck.

Too bad it wasn't UCF deciding to stay put, LOL!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

They have to notify by tonight or the financial penalties go WAY UP.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  84
  • Days Won:  0

Okay.....but if they don't come then the conference is not as geographically laughable, right. Sure they are a good team, at the moment, but so can USF, UofL, UH etc. If true, maybe SDSU is out and the BE can concentrate on being a more center-east conf (from SMU to UConn) and if we need two more teams then lets finally ask ECU and either So. Miss or Tulsa.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Little premature - in the other thread, there's a link that says Boise is keeping their word and heading to the Big East.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Little premature - in the other thread, there's a link that says Boise is keeping their word and heading to the Big East.

Dare we say he jumped the gun ....?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Dare we say he jumped the gun ....?

LOL. Yes, I would think this would be a textbook case of gun-jumping, but maybe we'd better ask charsibb. :D

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  274
  • Days Won:  2

BM says they have withdrawn from the MWC and are coming to the Big East.

http://www.cbssports...for-2013-season

Boise State formally withdrew from the Mountain West on Saturday, sources told CBSSports.com, meaning the Broncos' football program will join the Big East in 2013.

By withdrawing before midnight Saturday, the Broncos' exit fee is only one year's lost revenue in the MWC (about $2.5 million). Had they waited until after Saturday it would have cost anywhere from $7.5 million to $24 million -- because they would have provided less than one year's notice.

Even Big East interim commisioner Joe Bailey wasn't sure Boise State would withdraw from the MWC.

"I can't comment because A: I don't know and; B: I won't guess," Bailey told the Idaho Statesman on Wednesday.

It's still unknown where the Broncos will place their Olympic sports in 2013.

In December, Boise State announced it would leave the Mountain West in 2013, joining the Big East as a football-only member and placing its Olympic sports in the Western Athletic Conference.

However, the WAC has been decimated by defections, leaving only five members. WAC interim commissioner Jeff Hurd previously told CBSSports.com his league needed to add at least two schools to remain a Division I conference.

Hurd told CBSSports.com Saturday night he didn't know where Boise State would put its Olympic sports.

"I do not know," Hurd said. "I have not had contact of any kind with Boise today."

With the WAC's future unknown, Boise State has tried unsuccessfully to gain membership into the Big West for its Olympic sports.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Why wait till 10:00PM to send the letter to the Presidents? Why the drama.....just seems pointless.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

Glad that's over.