• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

****Head McMurphy at it again.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

With the playoffs, why would any school want to join the Big East? Especially one on the other side of the country. Especially with no TV deal.

They're still going to get more $ with the Big East than they would with the other options.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

With the playoffs, why would any school want to join the Big East? Especially one on the other side of the country. Especially with no TV deal.

Why would a team want to stay in a conference with 4 D2 teams and no TV deal even possible. I mean talk about media markets Wyoming, have you been to Wyoming? There are more Bigfoots in Wyoming than people. New Mexico, CSU in bustling Fort Collins, CO. Now granted people watch football in LV, but only to gamble on the outcome, and they sure don't bet on UNLV.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

The reason that UL, Rut and UConn are still in the BE is that NOBODY WANTS THEM. They have done everything but put a CL ad under Team Seeking Conference. Where are they? In the BE. Personally I say let em go., if they leave we can dump the BB schools as well, rebuild this thing with teams that want to be in it. What would it do to our reputation if they left?

If those 3 teams, and the BB teams all leave, the BE won't have any kind of reputation... other than a blue football field and football programs with a history of NCAA sanctions. The only redeeming quality left with this conference is on the hoops side and it's stupid to wish that quality gone ... UCF's multiple Atlantic Sun championship notwithstanding.

Probably improve it. Get the stupid BB, NE centric attitude out of the conference and rebuild it with teams that want to create FB legacies , which is obviously what the networks want. Might take a few years, but what were we doing anyway, waiting for the sky to fall. We go after Air Force, maybe ECU who is dying to get in. Wait for the next new hot chick FB team that arises from the mush. I mean 5 years ago, who would have wanted BSU? Now they are the only reason we might get proceeds from the playoffs. Let the ACC choke on legacy. UConn, Rutgers haven't won anything in FB in so long I can't remember and they aren't getting any better. And UL isn't gonna land Blue Chip recruits while in the ACC after FSU leaves. I say let em choke on em.

Apparently the Alzheimer's is an advancing stage if you can't recall who won the BE title just 1 year ago .

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

LOL. As it is, the Big East doesn't have a TV deal. And its easier to go undefeated playing lessor teams and get national attention. Ask Boise St.

Why would a team want to stay in a conference with 4 D2 teams and no TV deal even possible. I mean talk about media markets Wyoming, have you been to Wyoming? There are more Bigfoots in Wyoming than people. New Mexico, CSU in bustling Fort Collins, CO. Now granted people watch football in LV, but only to gamble on the outcome, and they sure don't bet on UNLV.

Yes. I've been to Wyoming. Drove from Sarasota to Anchorage one summer, camping along the way. Drove through eastern Wyoming on I25 through Cheyenne which is the north end of the Front Range Urban Corridor where over 4 million people live. It starts in south eastern Colorado and ends at Cheyenne.

514px-Front_Range_Urban_Corridor.svg.png

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Yes. I've been to Wyoming. Drove from Sarasota to Anchorage one summer, camping along the way. Drove through eastern Wyoming on I25 through Cheyenne which is the north end of the Front Range Urban Corridor where over 4 million people live. It starts in south eastern Colorado and ends at Cheyenne.

I have lived and worked in both of those states. I actually drilled an oil field discovery well right outside of Ft Collins. US Census(2010)- WY 568K- Weld Co CO-FtCollins- 252K. Nice map but only about 3 people on that map watch WY FB. Media market may be the worst in the US. CSU not much better. There is only 1 college FB town in CO and it's in Boulder. Imean if I shaded in that much land around Tampa, it would probably include the entire state of FL. Pretty map though. Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

I read the article and I found it to be informative. It does a good job of explaining the facts as they are now, not what it could be negotitated down to as those numbers are speculative at this juncture. Nothing dooms day here. The deadline is a week away so this is about the time to start hashing up the story to see if it will become an issue. It's on the radar now and the clock is ticking. The problem here is not the BE and Boise; it's Boise and where are we going to put our others sports. The Big West doesn't want them and the WAC is on life support. The only alternatives are to stay put or find another partner QUICK. The article does not say we are at fault, nor does it indicate that the BE is inept in any way. It is outling that BSU is in trouble right now and it may end up effecting us, which is 100% fact.

Edited by slbpsi63

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'm sorry.... Laughing right now... Gents, the use of maps... Epic, just epic....

I have lived and worked in both of those states. I actually drilled an oil field discovery well right outside of Ft Collins. US Census(2010)- WY 568K- Weld Co CO-FtCollins- 252K. Nice map but only about 3 people on that map watch WY FB. Media market may be the worst in the US. CSU not much better. There is only 1 college FB town in CO and it's in Boulder. Imean if I shaded in that much land around Tampa, it would probably include the entire state of FL. Pretty map though.

Colorado Springs is a college FB town too (Colorado Springs Metropolitan Statistical Area had an estimated population of 645,613 in 2010). The Air Force Academy is there. The attendance for Falcons football games is much larger than for CSU games in Boulder. The highest attended Rams game was 30k last year. It was 46k for Air Force. Matter of fact the attendance last year for Wyoming football was close to that of CSU. All but one of the Wyoming games were on TV, either on Mountain's TV (owned by Mountain, NBC and CBS) channel or ESPN or Versus or on ESPN3/game plan.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

what is wrong with this article?

BSU can't find places for its olympic sports... it needs to finalize that before withdrawing... if they dont end up joining it will be due to complications with its other sports.

nothing to see here.