• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Stadium Talk

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

USA Today reported on all Div 1 public school finances recently.

Click on USF to expand. I was interested to see that LSU accepts no state funds nor student fees to support athletics.

http://www.usatoday....base/54955804/1

interesting how our ticket sales peaked in 2008 and contributions peaked in 2009 and yet our expenses have grown 33% and 24% since.

I was impressed by the licensing revenue, and equally surprised by the 1.5M 2011 revenue vs. expense shortfall and the 2011 2.7M contributions amount, which has been dropping for 3 years. I thought the contributions would be higher than 2.7M.

I was amazed that our expenses have almost doubled in 6 years.! imagine if your household expenses doubled in 6 years....wow.

I guess you can do that when you have the students to lean on. I feel bad sitting in my seats with club access. the way I read it they contribute over 5.5 times more than the donors. they should be at the 50's with club access.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I also think an indoor practice facility is a colossal waste of money.

thank you. common sense. $14M for 3 or 4 rescheduled practices a year. yikes.

students have contributed almost $75M in the last 6 years to athletics. imagine what that kind of money could be used for on the academic side.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

students have contributed almost $75M in the last 6 years to athletics. imagine what that kind of money could be used for on the academic side.

Just quick math....$75M over 6 years divided by 42,000 students is $300 per student per year? You give more than that per year to sit on the 50 yard line and have club access. Don't feel so guilty.

• Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

Just quick math....$75M over 6 years divided by 42,000 students is $300 per student per year? You give more than that per year to sit on the 50 yard line and have club access. Don't feel so guilty.

Averages $10 a credit assuming the average is 15 credit hours per semester per student. or

$12.5 a credit hour per based on 12 hours per semester or

$16.6 a credit hour based on 9 credits per semester.

not sure how I feel about this.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Averages $10 a credit assuming the average is 15 credit hours per semester per student. or

$300 for access to all athletic events for the year. Sign me up.

• Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, USF does depend on fees from the students to help support the athletic department, more than other schools and/or states. Don't forget, they don't have to buy tickets to ANY home USF sporting event (football, basketball, soccer, baseball etc.)

I would gladly give USF $300 dollars per year to go to any home sporting event I wanted, with no additional ticket purchases required!!

I pay WAY more than this for my season tickets to football games alone.

• Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

that's not bad if they make use of all the things provided to them.

• Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

Yes, USF does depend on fees from the students to help support the athletic department, more than other schools and/or states. Don't forget, they don't have to buy tickets to ANY home USF sporting event (football, basketball, soccer, baseball etc.)

I would gladly give USF $300 dollars per year to go to any home sporting event I wanted, with no additional ticket purchases required!!

plus isn't use of the gym on campus still included?

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, and it was just recently remodeled (very nice).

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

So is the use of the intramural fields, tennis courts, basketball courts, swimming pools, etc.

Archived