• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Once again, this would be so simple. IF you choose to transfer to another school you MUST sit out one year. NO EXCEPTIONS!

You weren't an Army brat, were you?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

No

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

No

It would be stupid in high school. Families move, kids move, parents split up, etc. There are too many different scenerios in HS compared to college.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

County AD cracks me up.... says it will take the full 10 days to submit their response to the FHSAA. Really? TECO has already confirmed that their employee falsified the paperwork indicating that the student was living in the district... that one thing right there is enough to make them forfeit the entire season and title. Exactly how are you going to respond to that? TECO mis-remembered? LOL

Wow. So if you were the AD you wouldn't take as much time as you were given to do the best job you could to defend your school against any fines or punishment? I believe there's probably a way to both step up and admit you could have done a better job while also pointing out those things you had no contol of. Heck, the example you gave is one that I don't think you can blame on the school. A phony bill created by a TECO employee? Had to be a quality job.

I wish they would expell the student from the entire county if they or their parents were caught lying. Maybe then parents would think twice before trying it. May sound severe but this is not a heat of the moment mistake - they have a whole lot of time to realize what they're doing is wrong and correct it.

No... I would step up and say that the administration screwed up. I was using the TECO paperwork as an example... there are many others. The report was pretty straight forward... they're not getting out of this. Callahan has been recruiting players since I was in high school in the early 90's and they finally got nailed. This wasn't a heat of the moment thing... it's been going on for years. They just finally had some parents who were sloppy in the process and made some really dumb choices... then they tried to deny those choices in the interviews and couldn't even get that right.

The worst part of all of this is that these kids are being raised to think it's ok to do stuff like this... at the end of the day I don't actually see any of these parents being remorseful in any way... they still think they were entitled to break the preexisting rules. Yes it's on the parents... but it's also on Callahan and the principle... both were up to their ears in this thing.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Where's that "I hate big-time football" guy?

He should be in on this thread, screaming that it's all USF Athletics' fault for running a football factory that caused Armwood to break the rules!

/sarcasm

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

No

It would be stupid in high school. Families move, kids move, parents split up, etc. There are too many different scenerios in HS compared to college.

It seems to work in Miami.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591

No

It seems to work in Miami.

Isn't Miami's only within the county though, not dealing with moving in or out of the county? They also have exception's in which you can apply for, not sure how lenient they are though.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

I think the plan that's going to be implemented is for one year ineligibility. There will be a committee that a transferring athlete can appeal to. Otherwise, they'll have to sit out a year.

I think that the entire family moving would constitute a legitimate move and the transfer rule would be waived. No more apartments, PO Boxes or non-custodial relative addresses allowed, I assume.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Once again, this would be so simple. IF you choose to transfer to another school you MUST sit out one year. NO EXCEPTIONS!

You weren't an Army brat, were you?

Never understood that phrase....

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741

A quick rule change, a school can only accept x amount of transfers a year. This has been going on for decades. When I was in HS a certain soccer coach at a school that has 4 letters starts with an L and ends with an O, was recruiting kids.