• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf needs to lock down the other 100 high schools in the usf shadow

one high school will not make or break usf

our recruiting has been so poor in relation to the talent level

unless holtz wins big east he is toast also

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I did not attend HS in the Bay area, so this is all Greek to me. However, what can they do to the minors? Hell, I had a nice police record that disappeared... I don't see how this would effect them

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

I don't understand why these kids didn't just apply for special assignment though and make up some bs excuse, then this wouldn't be an issue.

If the school is at or over capacity, they won't take special assignments. I seem to recall that was the case with Armwood for awhile. However, if someone resides in an area they have to be taken, regardless of capacity.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Amen Brother Smazza. Win or be done Coach Holtz. Plain and simple... If we can't win a watered down conference with a four year starting QB, why should we give you a leash to continue to recruit.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

It's all a bunch of bull. If armwood was a private school the could recruit kids just like. Tc and Jesuit. I can tell you I don't pay 10k a yr for my son to go there and neither do the other kids who played for the Tampa bay Spartans unlimited weight team that happens to play there home games on this wonderful million dollar football field off himes blvd

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

It's all a bunch of bull. If armwood was a private school the could recruit kids just like. Tc and Jesuit. I can tell you I don't pay 10k a yr for my son to go there and neither do the other kids who played for the Tampa bay Spartans unlimited weight team that happens to play there home games on this wonderful million dollar football field off himes blvd

Some private schools like Jesuit get around "recruiting" by having promising athletes take an "academic" test that they, of course, pass with flying colors and an academic scholarship is offered. I don't think the player even get the 'graded' test back, if it is even graded at all.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

We didn't get the scores of the exam back but I'm sure my kid did well he had never made a B on his report card before being excepted there, that can't be said any longer though the work is way more challenging then anything I have ever seen in the public school system. He not only got a b this year but 5 C's also. Now some of the other kids that made it into the school they must have 5 periods of weight lifting to make the grades.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The coach at Orlando Dr Phillips resigned last season for pretty much the same situation. He was hired by another school a couple of months later.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Talk about million dollar fields. Driving through Texas while working blows my mind at some of the high school stadiums that have been built. Larry Coker was on XM the other day talking about the difference between a Texas high school football player and a Florida high school football player. He noted the big difference is the coaching and facilities at the high school ranks. In Florida, you get kids that haven't reached their potential because the coaching and facilities are typically sub-par. In Texas, the kids sometimes peak in high school because the facilities and coaching are so advanced. There's not as much upside for an athlete. It was a pretty interesting interview with him.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

Talk about million dollar fields. Driving through Texas while working blows my mind at some of the high school stadiums that have been built. Larry Coker was on XM the other day talking about the difference between a Texas high school football player and a Florida high school football player. He noted the big difference is the coaching and facilities at the high school ranks. In Florida, you get kids that haven't reached their potential because the coaching and facilities are typically sub-par. In Texas, the kids sometimes peak in high school because the facilities and coaching are so advanced. There's not as much upside for an athlete. It was a pretty interesting interview with him.

I remember reading an article about a stadium being built in Allen TX for their high school. I believe the new stadium holds 20K. Compare that to the powerhouses in our area (Armwood, Plant, etc) which probably hold around 5K.