• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Since we are talking about Sun Dome makeovers...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Step 1: Close that ghetto asz walls-mart

Step 2: ???

Step 3: Profit

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Agreed. That along with the cesspool that is University Mall. Take those two disgusting places out.

I think that the mall could be transformed into an office park. I know that my company did that with one of their offices up north.

They could do something similar to what they did with the old Eastlake Square Mall (now Eastlake-Orient Park).

Either that, or put an OCS there... B)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Agreed. That along with the cesspool that is University Mall. Take those two disgusting places out.

I think that the mall could be transformed into an office park. I know that my company did that with one of their offices up north.

They could do something similar to what they did with the old Eastlake Square Mall (now Eastlake-Orient Park).

it wouldn't be an OCS, then ... :ph34r:

• Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Yeah, if they don't buy the land connecting the mall to 30th street, it would be a NOCS. (Nearly).

• Content Count:  332
  • Days Won:  1

If you get rid of the mall then where will I get my blinged out airforces? Where will I be able to purchase my Coogi and Girbauds? Where will female students find another poorly managed Forever21 or Aeropostale? These problems will subsequently arise and there might be backlash from us students. Just sayin'.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Drove by there the other day (Sun Dome open ing day) and thought the same thing. It is large enough to accomodate, and many stores are vacant. They could buy out some of the space just behind the existing businesses and create a pedestrian mall from the campus to the Stadium. Then business would flourish nearby, people could tailgate on campus, it would bring life into that space. I am sure people at USF had had their eyes on it. I bet there are donors identified who would pony up if it were to become a possibility.

Until then, RJS will have to do.

One more side note. If they keep it "Just" off campus, they could still serve beer... hmmmmm

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Drove by there the other day (Sun Dome open ing day) and thought the same thing. It is large enough to accomodate, and many stores are vacant. They could buy out some of the space just behind the existing businesses and create a pedestrian mall from the campus to the Stadium. Then business would flourish nearby, people could tailgate on campus, it would bring life into that space. I am sure people at USF had had their eyes on it. I bet there are donors identified who would pony up if it were to become a possibility.

One more side note. If they keep it "Just" off campus, they could still serve beer... hmmmmm

why are people so fascinated in spending $100's of millions on a building we would use 6 or 7 times a year?

what a collasal waste of money. businesses wouldn't flourish but for 6 days a year and even then it would only be bars and restaurants.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

I have always thought either the corner of Maple and Holly across from Greek Village, or the University Mall property would be the best for an OCS. Regardless of what they put there, you get rid of the mall, there's no place for crime and scum to hang out. How many times are they going to try to re-image the mall before they call it quits? Hoping thats soon....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

If they are then even I will start having serious questions about our leadership ...

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

No OCS until we can afford a nice one. From the looks of the dome, I cannot see them half-donky'n it...

Archived