• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scott probably not getting drafted

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I'm with Skingraft on this one. Happiness come from the giving up, not the acquiring.

As for career choice, you can't beat "Do what you love and you'll never 'work' a day in your life."

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Love all the contrasting facts on success and education without any source to back them up. Here are some FACTS about millionaires in America.

http://www.nytimes.c...naire.html?_r=1

From the authors of The Millionaire Next Door

* As a group, we are fairly well educated. Only about one in five are not college graduates. Many of us hold advanced degrees. Eighteen percent have master's degrees, 8 percent law degrees, 6 percent medical degrees, and 6 percent Ph.D.s.

apparently you missed the excerpt that says 2/3 are self employed and that 3/4 consider themselves entrepreneurs. and this

* Many of the types of businesses we are in could be classified as dullnormal. We are welding contractors, auctioneers, rice farmers, owners of mobile-home parks, pest controllers, coin and stamp dealers, and paving contractors.

this is more about saving then it is about any type of job success anyway. again getting a degree shows you have the work ethic that is needed to have financial success

.http://www.nytimes.com/books/first/s/stanley-millionaire.html

I was addressing the degree of education that everyone was stating as fact with no support. Millionaires are mostly 1) not college grads or 2) are mostly college grads. Clearly, number 2.

Don't tell me you thought all those people with advanced degrees just came out of college and became entrepreneurs without working for someone else first, using their degree to amass enough wealth to quit and own their dullnormal business.

Most people are not millionaires. Again, glad I went to college than not. My opportunities are more abundant, I will be unemployed less, and by the time I retire I will have earned more $. I can live with that.

I'm glad I went to college too, 'cause otherwise I wouldn't be a BULL!!

Let's keep our priorities straight here!!

The one guy I know that was doing as well as me without a college education, owning his own subcontracting firm, got into that position because it was his father's business. Our third childhood friend, who also didn't go to college is a long haul truck driver.

So another factor when it comes to wealth, family ties.

Don't have the numbers for inheritances, but even leaving that aside, family ties (networks, connections) and family culture (hard work, discipline) HAVE to be the #1 and #2 indicator of financial success.

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

This thread should be changed to (Having a college degree vs. Not having a college degree). Can we all just agree that you have a better chance at making more money and getting a better job if you have a college degree. Of course you can still have a good life without a degree, but the percentages are in favor of people with degrees.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

This thread should be changed to (Having a college degree vs. Not having a college degree). Can we all just agree that you have a better chance at making more money and getting a better job if you have a college degree. Of course you can still have a good life without a degree, but the percentages are in favor of people with degrees.

Hey.....it wouldn't be a true Bullspen thread if it didn't change topics! :D :D :D :D :D :D

derailed-train-derailed-thread-demo.jpg

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

This is one of the #1 thread hijacks of all time.

Good luck Scott. Hope you make the squad.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Passionate people on this board... Nothing wrong with that.... :-)

Archived