• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN: Shoes to Fill @ USF (Football)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Not much else to talk about so here is an article by Andrea Adelson:

We continue our series look at some of the biggest shoes to fill across the Big East.

Up today: USF.

58.gifWho's out: Jeremiah Warren. The Bulls lose a huge contributor in Warren, who started every single game for the Bulls on the offensive line the last three seasons. That would make 38 in all for the former walk-on, who was as solid as they come on the offensive line. When last season began, there were no worries about left guard, because he was returning to that position. And his hard work was noticed by the league coaches, who picked him for the Big East second team. Consistency on the offensive line is rarely applauded. The only time anybody truly pays attention to the line is when something goes wrong. Losing a veteran sometimes shows their true value.

Who's in: Damien Edwards or Lawrence Martin. So far this spring, two players have taken reps at Warren's old left guard spot -- Edwards and Martin. Edwards is headed into his senior season after playing sparingly his first three seasons. He's only played in 12 total games, and he's played tackle. But Edwards has good size (6-foot-5, 329 pounds) and if there ever was a time for him to rise up, it is now. Martin comes from junior college, though he redshirted last season after playing tackle in 2010. Martin also has good size at 6-3, 309 pounds and is versatile. His game experience has got to help him in the competition to win the starting job.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/31483/shoes-to-fill-usf

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The OL is the biggest ? I have going into this football season.

• Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Coach Shank obviously knows what he's doing when in comes to O-line. I was worried last year and that crew did a really good job.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we need to upgrade

however with weak qb a great o line wont matter much in college

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

If memory serves me correctly, wasn't Damien Edwards brought in at the last minute in one of our recruiting classes about 3-4 years ago by Coach Canales? He had no BCS offers, and I think they were banking on his size since the kid seemed like a total project coming out of Arizona (which is where I think he's from). I sure hope Shank has taught him some great technique to go with his physical size.

We need the OL to step it up. I sure hope the last two season's recruits in the trenches really start to make their presence felt.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

AA/DR

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

we need to upgrade

however with weak qb a great o line wont matter much in college

We all know how you feel about Daniels.