• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Josh Heath PG Tampa Prep

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Joe fenlon †@coachfenlon

Source Hoops writes that Josh Heath son of USF Head Coach Stan Heath was the the MVP of the eight classifications at the State Tournament.

Retweeted by Greg Auman

4:25 PM - 13 Mar 12 via Twitter for iPhone · Details

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...With two minutes to play in the game, the Terps still led by only two. Then, slender sophomore backup Marshall Holmes drained a 3-point shot from the left corner with 1:46 to go. Seconds later, Holmes stepped in a Sagemont passing lane, stole the ball, and sped away for a dunk.

When sophomore Josh Heath sank a free throw with 32 ticks to go, Tampa Prep led 58-50, and Fenlon allowed himself to exhale. Heath’s dad, USF coach Stan Heath, beamed directly behind the Terrapins’ bench.

“I just wanted the clock to end,†Fenlon said.

It ended with that same score. Moments later, he was hugging Mychael and Cindy, bedecked in black and white Terrapins jerseys, respectively.

“If I never win another game, I will be able to say that I’ve won a state championship, and that’s unbelievable,†Fenlon said. “And I think it will get more unbelievable as the minutes and hours pass.â€

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/twenty-nine-seasons-eight-final-four-trips-one-glorious-state-title-tampa-preps-fenlon/13052/

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

He's a solid guard. I went to a Tampa Prep game early in the year against my old hs and he looked good. Nothing flashy, very balanced. Solid ball handler, didn't lose his handles at all, pretty good shot and money from the free throw line. We actually played Tampa Prep before my senior year, so 2 years ago, and he's improved quite a bit.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

Marshall Holmes is another one to watch develop. He was phenominal as an 8th grader when I saw him. Now he's making plays in the state tourney. The only thing is that this is 3A ball and would be interested to see what they do against the bigger schools.

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

I thought Jordan Heath walked on with Bulls? I'm guessing that didn't work out? Did he ever start practicing with the team?

Edited by KB

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

I thought Jordan Heath walked on with Bulls? I'm guessing that didn't work out? Did he ever start practicing with the team?

He's a senior in high school. I think I remember reading about him walking on 6 months ago (approx). Maybe it was speculation for next year.

Edited by &rew Bull

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

It was Jordan. Two years ago. I found it, but still not sure what happened.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/2010/05/heaths-son-will-join-bulls-as-walkon-guard.html

Heath's son will join Bulls as walk-on guard

54911.6a00d83451b05569e20133edec9cdc970b-200wi.jpg Tampa Prep senior point guard Jordan Heath, who has helped the Terrapins reach the state final four in each of the last two years, will walk on at USF and play for his father Stan's team this fall.

"He's a great floor leader, a real heady competitor," Tampa Prep coach Joe Fenlon said. "You can tell he's a coach's kid. He just understands the game and knows where everyone needs to be on the court."

Heath, a 5-foot-11 point guard, was a two-year starter at Tampa Prep and was recruited by smaller schools like Saint Leo in Pasco County and DePauw University in Indiana, where Fenlon's brother Bill is head coach. The Bulls lost their only walk-on from last season, guard Ryan Kardok, who logged 147 minutes as a senior.

Heath's younger son, Josh, is a rising sophomore at Tampa Prep.

(Archive photo by the Times' Brian Cassella).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

It was Jordan. Two years ago. I found it, but still not sure what happened.

http://www.tampabay....lkon-guard.html

Heath's son will join Bulls as walk-on guard

54911.6a00d83451b05569e20133edec9cdc970b-200wi.jpg Tampa Prep senior point guard Jordan Heath, who has helped the Terrapins reach the state final four in each of the last two years, will walk on at USF and play for his father Stan's team this fall.

"He's a great floor leader, a real heady competitor," Tampa Prep coach Joe Fenlon said. "You can tell he's a coach's kid. He just understands the game and knows where everyone needs to be on the court."

Heath, a 5-foot-11 point guard, was a two-year starter at Tampa Prep and was recruited by smaller schools like Saint Leo in Pasco County and DePauw University in Indiana, where Fenlon's brother Bill is head coach. The Bulls lost their only walk-on from last season, guard Ryan Kardok, who logged 147 minutes as a senior.

Heath's younger son, Josh, is a rising sophomore at Tampa Prep.

(Archive photo by the Times' Brian Cassella).

He was on the team just the one year. He and his dad came to the mutual agreement that he wasn't really Div 1 material ...

I think he also suffered some kind of injury and is now just concentrating on school.

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Joey Johnston â€@JJohnstonTrib

Son of #USF coach Stan Heath, Josh Heath of Tampa Prep, named Tampa Tribune Boys Basketball Player of Year tonight