• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JoJo Kemp RB Deland

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Means he had a good time, probably got lucky.

Maybe that is the school's recruiting tactic.

Have you seen Pittsburgh? I doubt they want to take those guys on a tour of the city.

Actually, have YOU seen Pittsburgh? It's a pretty nice city and there is a lot of things to do there. Granted, it gets cold in the winter, so if a recruit from FL can't stand the cold, then perhaps he's best to not come play up north. However, if the kid has the talent to potentially play in the NFL, he'll have to get used to the cold sooner or later. Since at least half of the NFL plays in outdoor stadiums in the north, he won't be able to avoid it.

I'm thinking the kid is kinda a long shot for Pitt anyways considering he only recently showed interest in the school. IMHO, Pitt would be one of the best options for the kid right now in light of the offense Pitt wants to run and the offensive line recruits Pitt is bringing in. Pitt is going to have a fantastic OL in time, and Jo Jo should not dismiss that fact out of hand. WVU will try to use the kid as a single set back trying to utilize misdirection, draws, screens and pitches. Unless I'm mistaken, Jo Jo is probably best running out of the I either towards the planned hole or as one cut back type of RB. He seems like a plant and go type of back, and Pitt can do very well with those types of players. Pitt just picked up another OG recruit - Alex Officer - at 6'4", 310 lbs. He'll be the shortest OL recruit this season, and everyone will probably be well north of 300 lbs.

How dare you come in here using logic and reason against our Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I do business in Pittsburgh. The city isn't that great. When I'm stuck here for long periods of time during the winter, I get incredibly depressed. Particularly when there's no snow and it's bitter cold with nothing to do...

Just sayin'.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Means he had a good time, probably got lucky.

Maybe that is the school's recruiting tactic.

Have you seen Pittsburgh? I doubt they want to take those guys on a tour of the city.

Actually, have YOU seen Pittsburgh?

Yes, and no offense, but it isn't in my Top 50 cities in the US.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I've spent time in Pittsburgh during a number of extended trips. It really has the feel of a gloomy, depressed, ex-steel town. I would spend a year in an Iowa corn field before I would spend a week in Pittsburgh. No offense Iowa.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Well, Forbes says its the most livable city in America. I guess there are a few people that disagree.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Well, Forbes says its the most livable city in America. I guess there are a few people that disagree.

It's because of the income rate and cost of living. It's a safe city. It's an educated city with many great universities in the metro area.

I'd be content to raise a family in Pittsburgh. I would never agree to be a student in Pittsburgh.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

It's because of the income rate and cost of living. It's a safe city. It's an educated city with many great universities in the metro area.

I'd be content to raise a family in Pittsburgh. I would never agree to be a student in Pittsburgh.

Exactly. Does an 18 year old boy want to be in Pittsburgh steel town or 30 minutes from the beach where it is sunny year round and girls wear bikinis.

Is there really a comparison?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Exactly. Does an 18 year old boy want to be in Pittsburgh steel town or 30 minutes from the beach where it is sunny year round and girls wear bikinis.

Jennifer Bealls looked pretty good in leotards...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

Great logic except...I don't hear the pitter patter of a massive army of recruits high tailing it out of the cold and depressing north for the sunny beaches of FL and CA. Because the reality of the situation is that any worthwhile recruit is going to weigh each opportunity to determine which university is right for him on 2 fronts: 1) the quality of the education and 2) the ability to develop enough within the program to get a legitimate shot at the NFL. Being 30 min from the beach is, at best, an intangible benefit that would be a tie breaker when comparing two schools that a recruit feels is equal in all other facets. But when you get down to brass tacks, it's very rare for 2 schools to be so evenly rated by a recruit that an intangible benefit will be the tie breaker. Good luck to Jo Jo wherever he decides to go, but bear in mind that it will be the quality of the programs at these schools plus the quality of the institutions academically that will be the deciding factor - not the scenery. JMHO.