• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Self-Imposes Sanctions

CPR

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

-- Place UCF Athletics on probation for three years, which prompts extensive NCAA compliance oversight.

-- Vacate all men's basketball wins for the 2008-09, 2009-10 and 2010-11 academic years.

-- Drop from 13 to 12 men's basketball scholarships for the next two years.

-- Reduce the number of football coaches allowed to simultaneously recruit off campus from seven to six during the next two academic years.

-- Reduce the number men's basketball coaches allowed to simultaneously recruit off campus from three to two during the next two academic years.

-- Prohibit men's basketball coaches from engaging in off campus recruiting during two of three evaluation July periods during the next two academic years

-- Reduce the number of men's basketball recruiting days by 25 during the next two academic years.

-- Reduce the number of football evaluation days by nine in the fall and 34 in the spring evaluation periods during the next two academic years.

-- Limit football official visits to 27 per year and basketball official visits to seven per year for the next two academic years. It represents a 20 percent reduction in UCF's average official visits during the past four years.

-- Issued letters of reprimand to UCF basketball head coach Donnie Jones, assistant basketball coach Darren Tillis and football head coach George O'Leary. Jones was suspended for the first three Conference USA games, while Tillis was suspended for two Conference USA games.

-- Tillis and Jones are not eligible for bonuses or salary increases for the 2012 and 2013 fiscal years.

-- UCF added a variety of changes to its compliance department to enhance oversight of its athletic programs.

http://www.orlandose...0,7218873.story

• Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

Will this be enough?

• Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

I would think, no. I think UCF has at least one post season ban coming....but the NCAA will put their mark on the case..as they always do.

• Content Count:  21,341
  • Days Won:  10

I would think, no. I think UCF has at least one post season ban coming....but the NCAA will put their mark on the case..as they always do.

This is more than Miami has been given, from a coaching and administrative hit. Miami has the saving grace of saying it was not us the violations occurred through our proxy. Do you think UCiF's violation was worse or less than Miami's?

• Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Well, just to be clear on my point, this is the self imposed penalty. The NCAA IMHO will likely add more. I have not followed any UM sanctions, as i don't really care.

As for worse, UCF had an AD that wa actively aware in my opinion of the violations. At UM, I think they were aware, but I bever saw a direct line to the President or the AD.

Thus, based on the facts as I see them, UCF committed a worse viaolation. Just my opinion though.

Good luck the rest of the way in B Ball, USF has a sweet season going.

• Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Death penalty for UCF, this is worse than burning Karans...

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

They need to be stronger.

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  1,055

• Content Count:  2,019

Didn't Big East know this stuff was coming?

Way to add a quality institution.

Archived