• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

More conference realignment news (C-USA and MWC)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

East Carolina at Hawaii

Can the NCAA step in and stop that? How does this impact the student athletes, flying 6/7 timezones for a conference game. Fly all day Thursday, play Saturday, fly all day Sunday, and pray they are awake to make it to class on Monday.

Same principal applies to UConn going to SDSU.

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

East Carolina at Hawaii

Can the NCAA step in and stop that? How does this impact the student athletes, flying 6/7 timezones for a conference game. Fly all day Thursday, play Saturday, fly all day Sunday, and pray they are awake to make it to class on Monday.

Same principal applies to UConn going to SDSU.

Probably wont have to worry about that

With the sizes indicated... it will be split in georgraphical regions with no crossover game needed.

Probably the only time you will see Hawaii play ECU is if it were their championship game.

Then it would be no more than what you would get with a bowl game anyways.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I like this line:

The reason that the institutions are dissolving and forming their own league and not just merging is for legal reasons, sources said.

The reason they are dissolving and forming a new league is so they can get out of their current crappy TV contracts and try to do better.

Bad thing about this is the BE has already been eclipsed as most "nationwide" conference. So much for that marketing material. ;)

• Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Those of you who said we would end up back in CUSA sure have egg on your faces now! Hahahahahaha.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

I love the line about the only conference across 5 time zones just to wipe it in the BE's face after their announcement of being the only conference across 4 times zones. We need to add UPR olympic sports so we're in 5 time zones too. We just need to move them up from division II to division I. San Juan is about the size of Tampa so it can only help with the tv contract.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Those of you who said we would end up back in CUSA sure have egg on your faces now! Hahahahahaha.

yeah, in your faces! We're going to end up in a much much worse conference!! Enjoy your egg faces

• Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

yeah, in your faces! We're going to end up in a much much worse conference!! Enjoy your egg faces

Odviously you didn't catch the sarcasim. Before joining the Army back in the day a friend of mine kept telling me "If you join you're going to Afghanistan!" Boy was he FOS, I never went to Afghanistan, only went to Iraq twice. Dude had no clue what he was talking about. :P

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Now, that's funny! Ouch!

Archived