• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big12 Raid on ACC?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Note: WVU on last record was 5-10 spots higher than USF on university ratings and thus I would expect the same.

Only bloggers cite US News, PrincetonReview, etc which I know is what you're referring to.

Guess what is usually the determining factor of a "good" academic school? It's not a school that caters to undergraduates like our school to the right (UCF) or to a smaller extent WVU, it's research expenditures and endowments. USF is top 40 in research expenditures and has a larger graduate student population than WVU. The ACC puts a lot of pride in its research institutions, in that way, USF is about middle of the conference.

Just FYI...

Agreed but I will tell you that ACC looks at those reviews thus why used.

WVU is getting to be a better research facility, but its got a long way to go but Pres. Clements is taking it that way.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I'd be highly doubtful that the ACC values the US News and World Reports very much.

US News is nothing more than a subjective survey. Research dollars are quantifiable fact. From 2000-2007 USF was the fastest in the nation in earning new federal research grants.

For 2009, the last time the report was compiled, USF was 39th in total research $$. WVU was 112th. The latter stat is probably why you didn't get into the ACC, not because US News is devaluing your institution.

We wont' get in because, a.) we're being blocked by Miami/FSU, b.) our brand name does not translate well into athletics or academia, regardless of the facts to back up that we are middle of the road ACC quality with regards to research.

• Content Count:  820

All of that again a moot point because the article is being rewrote from an article at eerinsider which is crap.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I have a hard time wrapping my arms around something written by a Mountaineer fan called Honus "The Dude" Sneed. He may fine but ....

THIS! This guy is not who you want to listen to, now Clemson is re-writing his ****.

Big 12 is looking to 12, again up until last week Louisville was 11, I don't think this is the case now. Is FSU and Clemson being approached along with ND, BYU, I believe so, because FSU and Clemson is worried they won't be getting a major increase in revenue by adding Pitt and Cuse and possibly a move to Big 12 with renegotation contract could double what they make now, assuming they could pay the $20 million buyout.

USF will have a hard time getting in the ACC because of 2 things, Basketball and academics. WVU was voted 8 out of 12 (needing 9 votes to get in), with UNC, Duke, WF, and UVA saying no based on academics. Adding Pitt and Cuse would help but they dont have voting abilities yet. (Note: WVU on last record was 5-10 spots higher than USF on university ratings and thus I would expect the same) UConn, Rutgers and possibly Cincy would all get an ACC invite prior to USF, imo, even though the Florida football recruiting would be beneficial by helping take USF, but football is number two in ACC, the only reason FSU and Clemson would look elsewhere.

Also dont count Pitt out of Big 12 yet, Pitt and WVU were approached by Big 12 (namely Kansas & KSt.) earlier as a package deal when UT and OU was looking into PAC 12, even prior to TCU leaving Big East.

Maryland is only a possibility if UnderArmour pays their buyout, but the additional funds would be huge for them when they need it most.

Is FSU that much better academically than USF or Miami for that matter?

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Miami is one of the top in the country. Just outside the elite tier. Not sure about FSU. And don't use US News

FSU is not far ahead of USF in endowments or expenditures. Miami and UF are in a different category above FSU imo.

• Content Count:  6,928

ACC take us away,...... PLEASE

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I have a hard time wrapping my arms around something written by a Mountaineer fan called Honus "The Dude" Sneed. He may fine but ....

Sounds like he is a Big Lebowski fan, which makes him the most credible person in the world!!

Archived