• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Darrell Scott to the NFL?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

any word on the kid from USC? he would have a good shot at the starting spot with the competition thinned out.

regardless, Murray is solid. this hurts with depth but there wasn't a huge drop-off last year when Demetris subbed in. they were essentially 1a/1b.

Shaw will get more touches, and i think with another offseason of strength and conditioning Lamar needs to get more touches as a speedback/scatback.

I'd like to see Shaw a lot more involved but he needs to stay eligible ..... Lindsey needs a lot more touches, too ... so this could be a good thing, especially if it helps bring in some recruits.

Very well put

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I forget ... Is this like the NBA with no agent, he can come back if not drafted?

Nope. Decide by Jan 15th. In or out, no takebacks.

Dang .... are things THAT bad here?? I'm assuming somebody did some investigating for him but I just don't see it ... I'll be surprised if he's drafted at all.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I don't think it's a long one. Scott is a guy that wasn't happy out at Colorado. He comes back home and works hard for a year to have a decent season at the DI level. He immediately upon season end started talking NFL. I suspect the kid just isn't really excited about going to school. If he's drafted at all, he can sink or swim based on his performance on the field. That may be all that he is interested in.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

any word on the kid from USC? he would have a good shot at the starting spot with the competition thinned out.

regardless, Murray is solid. this hurts with depth but there wasn't a huge drop-off last year when Demetris subbed in. they were essentially 1a/1b.

Shaw will get more touches, and i think with another offseason of strength and conditioning Lamar needs to get more touches as a speedback/scatback.

I'd like to see Shaw a lot more involved but he needs to stay eligible ..... Lindsey needs a lot more touches, too ... so this could be a good thing, especially if it helps bring in some recruits.

Scott was the only power back on the roster. This hurts regardless of who gets more touches. Unless Barry Sanders is a late commit.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Who advises this kid? He has less than 1200 yards total in his career. Even if he gets drafted it will likely be in lower rounds where it will be very difficult to make a roster spot with such limited experience. Not an impossibility, but certainly a long shot.

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

0 TD's against BCS competition. I wouldn't be surprised if he get drafted in the 7th round or not at all. Someone is blowing smoke up his butt or he is just full of himself.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I think this is an incredibly shortsighted move by scott.... but I can't blame him for chasing the loot

• Content Count:  21,110
  • Days Won:  39

I think this is an incredibly shortsighted move by scott.... but I can't blame him for chasing the loot

If I wanted to chase some loot, I would try to kill it next year and set myself up better for the draft. But hey whatever.

• Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

hey, Darrell... Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Dang .... are things THAT bad here?? I'm assuming somebody did some investigating for him but I just don't see it ... I'll be surprised if he's drafted at all.

Trip... from what I was told this was his plan from the beginning. He never planned on staying at USF for more than this year.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I like Scott and he seemed to mature some as the season went on. But like other posters said, he isn't ready. He needed a solid season and some great runs to up his value. His production wasn't solid enough to merit the NFL in my opinion.

Like any USF player, I wish him luck and hope I am wrong and seeing him on Sundays. Heck I'm proud of JPP for making it to the Probowl. I get it. But I don't think Scott has proven his worth to get draft attention.... If he goes, he would be 5th or 6th round, but i would imagine free agent. And most of those guys get cut once the squads pare it back in August.

Archived