• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Schadenfreude (The UM Investigation)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,305
  • Days Won:  10

Yep, because where there is smoke you have fire. Why did I not have a problem inserting a link. By the way, of course the Miami Herald will write a positive spin story and that all the people named in the Yahoo story are scurrying like rats.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

Yep, because where there is smoke you have fire. Why did I not have a problem inserting a link. By the way, of course the Miami Herald will write a positive spin story and that all the people named in the Yahoo story are scurrying like rats.

Uhhh...again, I explained that I had to cut and paste my first post into my second post. Your wonderful website inserted its own auto-cite. I didn't type it. You're seriously making a big deal out of this when it is INCREDIBLY easy to prove where I got my citation? And then I DID provide the citation. Wow.

Do your research. Barry Jackson went to high school with Nevin Shapiro. Nevin was a source of Barry's for YEARS. They are buddies.

And all the guys named in Yahoo are not scurrying like rats. They haven't even been called by the NCAA.

I know you'd like for very bad things to happen here...but...sorry...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

Your link sucks and can you use your UM education to provide cites for those sources. Linking to the bullspen thread is a joke. Just pay off the NCAA and you will have not problems just like in the past.

Hey, genius, I didn't insert that link, your website did.

I tried to post once, and your site froze. I cut and pasted my first post, and then tried again. I never tried to link to Bullspen.

If you are so desperate to find Barry Jackson's blog, it's on the Miami Herald website. It isn't difficult to find. It's not some big secret. Heck, it's even being referenced on Sports Illustrated's "Truth and Rumors" aggregator.

Sorry that my Top 40 education didn't prepare me for the fact that this website inserts its own citations based on where you cut and pasted from. My mistake.

But since you are so bitter about that insertion of an autolink, here's the Miami Herald website link. Enjoy.

http://miamiherald.t...optimistic.html

Not exactly sure what the auto-link thing is you're talking about, but if you're cut and pasting from another source, you need to provide the link at the time you posted it ...

Hurricane Mutiny, go back to the Thug U Miami blog, your BS and protect the thugs and what they did at all costs will be accepted over there.

Your link sucks and can you use your UM education to provide cites for those sources. Linking to the bullspen thread is a joke. Just pay off the NCAA and you will have not problems just like in the past.

I tried to post once, and your site froze. I cut and pasted my first post, and then tried again. I never tried to link to Bullspen.

If you are so desperate to find Barry Jackson's blog, it's on the Miami Herald website. It isn't difficult to find. It's not some big secret. Heck, it's even being referenced on Sports Illustrated's "Truth and Rumors" aggregator.

Sorry that my Top 40 education didn't prepare me for the fact that this website inserts its own citations based on where you cut and pasted from. My mistake.

But since you are so bitter about that insertion of an autolink, here's the Miami Herald website link. Enjoy.

Not exactly sure what the auto-link thing is you're talking about, but if you're cut and pasting from another source, you need to provide the link at the time you posted it ...

Triple B, this is exactly what I did.

I started a reply, and then I cut and pasted in the stuff from The Miami Herald. I then hit post, and the website got hung up (it did not post for several minutes, and so I was looking at the stuff in the box where you type your reply.

I thought that perhaps the website locked up. I copied and pasted exactly what was in the reply box. I then closed out of the website.

I reopened Internet Explorer and went back to Bullspen. When I got there, my original thread had not posted, so I re-responded and cut-and-pasted in my entire previous response.

At no time did I type the website address of bullspen or the thread I was posting in. I'm not sure why Rizman is so bothered by it, as if I would post a lengthy (and obvious) section from the Miami Herald and then try to trick him by inserting a link to bullspen.

Once I cut-and-pasted and then posted, the website inserted the link that it did. I never did that. It's weird and silly. As you can tell by the top of my posting, I was not hesitant to name The Miami Herald and/or Barry Jackson. It's no secret. The same blog posting is referenced on SI.com's "Truth and Rumors". This is not some obscure news item in some unknown news source.

But I assure you, I did not (nor can I explain how it happened) type in a weblink to bullspen. All I did was cut-and-paste out of a posting that did not appear to be going through, and then I re-posted the exact same material that I had tried to post earlier.

I'm not sure if you will be able to duplicate the effect, but there is no way in hell that I typed the website link that appears at the end of that posting.

I was definitely confused when Rizman started ranting about it. If I would have intended any citation, I would have given the Herald's cite, but I only cut-and-pasted one thing.

Hurricane Mutiny, go back to the Thug U Miami blog, your BS and protect the thugs and what they did at all costs will be accepted over there.

I'm not even completely certain about what you are trying to say, since you post a lot of sentence fragments, but I'm not protecting "what they did". I'm pointing out that there is very little evidence of "what they did". Certainly, the NCAA has NOT been able to authenticate or prove the vast majority of the things that Shapiro claimed.

If you want to believe the totality of the Yahoo article, that is up to you. But nobody else who has investigated the claims believes what Shapiro is saying. Nobody besides Charles Robinson.

I am actually encouraged by Shapiro's ranting and raving. It is showing him to be the psychopath that he is. He claims he is not a Ponzi schemer, and that he was the victim of someone else's swindle.

Priceless.

Good luck with your National Championship, sorry with the ACC championship next year.

HM, your scandal will continue at Thug U until this summer when the NCAA hands down its punishment.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1064159-nevin-shapiro-miami-football-rogue-booster-promises-more-trouble-for-hurricanes

While we likely won't see a punishment handed down by the NCAA until this summer, it's really going to be interesting to see what else Shapiro has in store. It's really difficult to believe he has anything else to add that he didn't already include in a very lengthy and detailed report last year.

Regardless of how this ends up playing out, it doesn't look like this scandal is going away anytime soon.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

Triple B, this is exactly what I did.

I started a reply, and then I cut and pasted in the stuff from The Miami Herald. I then hit post, and the website got hung up (it did not post for several minutes, and so I was looking at the stuff in the box where you type your reply.

I thought that perhaps the website locked up. I copied and pasted exactly what was in the reply box. I then closed out of the website.

I reopened Internet Explorer and went back to Bullspen. When I got there, my original thread had not posted, so I re-responded and cut-and-pasted in my entire previous response.

At no time did I type the website address of bullspen or the thread I was posting in. I'm not sure why Rizman is so bothered by it, as if I would post a lengthy (and obvious) section from the Miami Herald and then try to trick him by inserting a link to bullspen.

Once I cut-and-pasted and then posted, the website inserted the link that it did. I never did that. It's weird and silly. As you can tell by the top of my posting, I was not hesitant to name The Miami Herald and/or Barry Jackson. It's no secret. The same blog posting is referenced on SI.com's "Truth and Rumors". This is not some obscure news item in some unknown news source.

But I assure you, I did not (nor can I explain how it happened) type in a weblink to bullspen. All I did was cut-and-paste out of a posting that did not appear to be going through, and then I re-posted the exact same material that I had tried to post earlier.

I'm not sure if you will be able to duplicate the effect, but there is no way in hell that I typed the website link that appears at the end of that posting.

I was definitely confused when Rizman started ranting about it. If I would have intended any citation, I would have given the Herald's cite, but I only cut-and-pasted one thing.

I've had to do that before and never noticed the auto-link added in. It looks like what you c&p'd already had a link to somewhere at the bottom of it and maybe somehow that got all intertwined when you re-did it. this thing can be quirky at times .... Bottom line, though, like I mentioned before, is when you c&p from another source you need to add that link to your post at the time you post it.

HM, your scandal will continue at Thug U until this summer when the NCAA hands down its punishment.

http://bleacherrepor...-for-hurricanes

While we likely won't see a punishment handed down by the NCAA until this summer, it's really going to be interesting to see what else Shapiro has in store. It's really difficult to believe he has anything else to add that he didn't already include in a very lengthy and detailed report last year.

Regardless of how this ends up playing out, it doesn't look like this scandal is going away anytime soon.

And?

It won't really have an impact on recruiting between now and then.

And it won't really have an impact on the players we have between now and then.

The issue will be out there until the NCAA concludes. Same with North Carolina. I'm not disputing this.

But it WILL be resolved before the season, in all likelihood.

Archived