• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Schadenfreude (The UM Investigation)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  71
  • Days Won:  0

Another 4 star?

Nice to see we can start draining Miami's talent pool.

Within two to three years I'm hopeful that we can switch positions on Miami in the recruiting race. But we still got to win a Big East title to do that.

Lol....draining our talent pool? Funny.

It will take a lot more than 2-3 years to "switch positions" with Miami in the recruiting race. Are you clueless? You actually think USF can compete with the history, tradition, and # of players Miami has sent to the NFL? Please.

The ONLY reason Keith Brown is looking at USF, Clemson, or wherever else is because of the possibility we go on probation and he flat out stated that. It has nothing to do with anything USF has to offer. You can't blame a kid worrying about his future and the possibility of making money in the NFL. He has to make the decisions that put him in the best situation to make it to the NFL. If Miami is put on probation, somewhere else is better for him to do so.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Another 4 star?

Nice to see we can start draining Miami's talent pool.

Within two to three years I'm hopeful that we can switch positions on Miami in the recruiting race. But we still got to win a Big East title to do that.

Lol....draining our talent pool? Funny.

It will take a lot more than 2-3 years to "switch positions" with Miami in the recruiting race. Are you clueless? You actually think USF can compete with the history, tradition, and # of players Miami has sent to the NFL? Please.

The ONLY reason Keith Brown is looking at USF, Clemson, or wherever else is because of the possibility we go on probation and he flat out stated that. It has nothing to do with anything USF has to offer. You can't blame a kid worrying about his future and the possibility of making money in the NFL. He has to make the decisions that put him in the best situation to make it to the NFL. If Miami is put on probation, somewhere else is better for him to do so.

Better a "future" at USF than purgatory in that slum. Stripper U, got nothing on me.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  71

Better a "future" at USF than purgatory in that slum. Stripper U, got nothing on me.

UM is the slums now? Did you hear we're #38 in the country academically now?

Stripper U? Didn't you hear most of the yahoo allegations were proven false?

Even if we get a bowl ban and scholly reductions for 1-2 years, any kid who comes to UM will still get way more exposure in CFB and have a better chance of making it to the NFL. The U is still supplying a ridiculous pipeline of talent to the NFL each year. Turn on your TV on sundays, every team has 3+ canes alum, mnost of which are eithering making big plays or scoring. What does USF have?

I'm sure a 0-4 conference record is looking real good to Brown right now. At least Miami keeps it interesting and at least has a chance at making the acc championship every year.

• Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

Looking forward to the sanctions against Thug U.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

UM is the slums now? Did you hear we're #38 in the country academically now?

Stripper U? Didn't you hear most of the yahoo allegations were proven false?

Link, please.

• 1 month later...

The Ohio State case took a year to come to conclusion. So, I guess next summer they will rule on the Miami violations. Below is what they could get, I think Miami will be worse, because the coaches should have known this was going on.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-ncaa-ohiost

Ohio State has offered to vacate the 2010 season, return its share of bowl money, go on probation and accept minor recruiting restrictions, costing it five scholarships over the next three years. The NCAA could add to those penalties, possibly piling on more recruiting restrictions or even a bowl ban.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Shouldn't this thread be titled Ohio State NCAA fate

Nope, we know what their fate basically is going to be, now what is Miami's.

• Content Count:  1,741

I know many people here want a huge penalty for the CANES, BUT most of the wrong doing was before Shannon was hired in 20Yes, 12 players met Shapiro during that time, without his knowledge. Asst. coaches HURTT & Panuzzio were the instigators in bringing recruits to Shapiro. They are the ones that should be given the heaviest penalties. Shannon never returned any calls from Shapiro or had any dealings with him. The "U" Admin. has been cooportive with the NCAA in every step of the investigation. I would be very surprised and dissapointed in ANY HARSH PENALTY.

• Content Count:  1,741

This is the penalty for OSU!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-ncaa-ohiost

How could you want more for the CANES? They did not HIDE anything.

Archived