• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nicely done USF Athletics, Dr. Genshaft and BE members!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Some of these people....

I mean, BOISE couldn't even get into the Big12, and they would have been a perfect fit. Yet, some of these people talk like we could have just gone "Yo BigXII, let us in. Thanks guys" and we would have been fine.

I mean, are you guys really this dumb or are you simply trolling?

Come on now, they're not dumb ... it's just something that's plagued us since the BE invite, an overinflated view of our value.

Wow. OK. If that satisfies you. It doesn't me. I can make the case for USF and I don't get paid big bucks to do so. You ask if I am that dumb and I ask are you all that simple?

Please note that it was not me asking if you were dumb or not ... but please make the case. Which program involved in conference realignment should we have gotten in over?

Take "name recognition" away for a minute. Is Syracuse a better add. Are they a better program. Do they have more potential. Are they in a better area, recruiting or otherwise. Have they been better the last 10 years. Do they have a bigger fan base. Do they travel better to bowls. Again, take "name recognition" away. You can make a serious argument that USF is a better add than Cuse and Pitt. The ACC did not see it that way, but the argument can be made.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Some of these people....

I mean, BOISE couldn't even get into the Big12, and they would have been a perfect fit. Yet, some of these people talk like we could have just gone "Yo BigXII, let us in. Thanks guys" and we would have been fine.

I mean, are you guys really this dumb or are you simply trolling?

Come on now, they're not dumb ... it's just something that's plagued us since the BE invite, an overinflated view of our value.

Wow. OK. If that satisfies you. It doesn't me. I can make the case for USF and I don't get paid big bucks to do so. You ask if I am that dumb and I ask are you all that simple?

Please note that it was not me asking if you were dumb or not ... but please make the case. Which program involved in conference realignment should we have gotten in over?

Take "name recognition" away for a minute. Is Syracuse a better add. Are they a better program. Do they have more potential. Are they in a better area, recruiting or otherwise. Have they been better the last 10 years. Do they have a bigger fan base. Do they travel better to bowls. Again, take "name recognition" away. You can make a serious argument that USF is a better add than Cuse and Pitt. The ACC did not see it that way, but the argument can be made.

Translation: "Step out of reality and step into fantasy land" Brand recognition is huge and will never be left out of the picture for the major BCS conferences.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

1. You can't take "name recognition" away. "Name recognition" translates to TV eyeballs which translates to $$$.

2. The ACC already has the Florida market saturated with FSU and Miami. Adding USF adds ZERO eyeballs in Florida.

This is all about TV dollars. USF adds no value at all the ACC unless one or both of the Florida teams move to another conference.

You could argue Big 12 a little better, but there is tough geography there unless they add some other teams in between. And the Big 12 with Texas and Oklahoma is already going to draw big dollars and lots of eyeballs nationally. Adding USF just because USF is in Florida isn't a huge deal, but we will be in that conversation later if the Big 12 adds some more teams.

IMHO, think you haven't proven your case yet.

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

1. You can't take "name recognition" away. "Name recognition" translates to TV eyeballs which translates to $$$.

2. The ACC already has the Florida market saturated with FSU and Miami. Adding USF adds ZERO eyeballs in Florida.

This is all about TV dollars. USF adds no value at all the ACC unless one or both of the Florida teams move to another conference.

You could argue Big 12 a little better, but there is tough geography there unless they add some other teams in between. And the Big 12 with Texas and Oklahoma is already going to draw big dollars and lots of eyeballs nationally. Adding USF just because USF is in Florida isn't a huge deal, but we will be in that conversation later if the Big 12 adds some more teams.

IMHO, think you haven't proven your case yet.

Not to mention there is more to all of this than just football!

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

With the exception of missing on BYU, I think this is the best we could have hoped for. Now they just need to get the service academies in so that the BCS won't dare to take away the AQ status.

AFA and Army aren't coming. Navy would be a nice add and will likely join. Gives another NE partner for the rejected(again) Uconn and Bupkus. I think the next targets will be Villanova(dead horse but BB powers want them all in (just have to work out stadium detail, their BE detractors flew the coop,) and maybe Temple if we can get Nova bribed with FB membership. A delicate dance but doable. Memphis is another possibility(always think BB in BE) and would give Cincy and UL a MidEast partner. USF is still ACC bound as soon as SEC picks up FSU and Clemson(remember SEC is West heavy with add of TAMU and Mizzou. Who cares about UCF. Their only value in Big East was because they were 90 minutes from us. Glad the magic underpants boys stayed in Utah, I don't think they even serve Coke at FB games, against their religion.

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

When you step back and look at the situation, what do we have to offer these other conferences besides a great TV market? Our major athletic programs are terrible. We do not have good fan support. Maybe those things are Woolards fault, but there isnt a great deal they can do to convince a major conference to take us at this point. We couldnt even compete in the Big East this year in football, lets not even talk about basketball and baseball.

• Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

Now I think the new conference will be fun, and that is what I want out of USF football.

The reality is that this is not a great conference. Look if you don't think there are any UTEPS or marshalls in this conference then as much as it pains me to say this after going 1-7 this year it might just be us. We are this conferences UTEP...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

this is the hand we were delt, B12/ACC wanted nothing to do with us, so we created the next best option... congrats Bulls AND other BE members for for actually CLOSING THE DEAL!!!

Not actually a done deal until they join --- see TCU. Otherwise this is all we could do. We tried to get out of Big East as well, but nobody wanted us, so it is what it is. Other than possibly losing our AQ status, the worst thing about this, is now that they are on the same field recruiting wise, we are most likely going to have to endure losing to ucIF from time to time.

Archived